Need some help for a newbie on Vst GUI dev

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

you may also want to add the following to your setParameter function in the effect class:

Code: Select all

if (editor) {
	editor->postUpdate ();
}

in fact i added a redraw function in the SetParameter() function, in each index case, and it works now :-)

in fact i added a redraw function in the SetParameter() function, in each index case, and it works now :-)

You added it in all the cases of the switch-statement? :)
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

maxlef wrote:in fact i added a redraw function in the SetParameter() function, in each index case, and it works now :-)
Is this the setParameter() of the effect?
Have you checked that it is thread safe to do this? I couldn't tell you for definate if it is.

Is this the setParameter() of the effect?
Have you checked that it is thread safe to do this? I couldn't tell you for definate if it is.
If its in setParameter of the effect it definately ISNT thread safe!

What you may need to do is override update in your editor class. Something like this:

virtual void update()
{
   if (myControl)
   {
     myControl->setDirty(true);
   }
}
Also, have you made sure that at the end of your draw function you have called this->setDirty(false)?

Hope that helps
Paul
get free software at www.expdigital.co.uk

and remember to put:

if (editor) {
    editor->postUpdate();
}
in your effect::setParameter()

Hi !
I've tried to add the overrided function update() and to add setDirty(true) at the end of the draw functions (i had also the postUpdate function at the end of the setParameter() function already) but none has made move the knobs ...

maxlef wrote:Hi !
I've tried to add the overrided function update() and to add setDirty(true) at the end of the draw functions (i had also the postUpdate function at the end of the setParameter() function already) but none has made move the knobs ...
doesn't it want to be setDirty(false) at the end of the draw function?

yes that's what i wanted to say... :dog:

:hyper:

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”