Interested in building iOS apps and iOS AUv3 plugins? We just launched the new AudioKit site.

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We just launched the new AudioKit website today. If you're looking for a completely free and open-source framework to build your next audio app, it may be worth checking out.

There's absolutely no fees, and it's MIT license. Plus, we're the audio framework that the makers of AudioBus recommend to use.

http://audiokitpro.com

Thanks!

We'll be adding more example code for AUv3 plugin effects and synths in the coming months.

The upcoming version will also make it easy to make macOS AUs. The experiments we're running for future versions allow iOS AUv3 and macOS AUs with a single codebase.
Last edited by analogmatt on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AudioKit Synth One. Free & open-source iOS Synthesizer:
http://audiokitpro.com/synth

Hi, I'm wondering about the history of AudioKit and if there is any business link to Apple (I couldn't find anything detailing the project background on the website).
Why is there a site called audiokitpro.com vs the original audiokit.io - are there some aspects of audiokit 'pro' such as feature extensions that will be commercialized?

wavesequencer wrote:Hi, I'm wondering about the history of AudioKit and if there is any business link to Apple (I couldn't find anything detailing the project background on the website).
Hi! AudioKit has been around for almost 4 years now, started by Aure Prochazka, PhD. And, is approaching the 4th major release. (My major involvement started days after Swift was announced, converting thousands of lines of AudioKit code to Swift).

The best way to learn about the recent evolution of the project is to dig through the blog. The blog details major releases and upgrades the past few years. AudioKit is independent. There are no current official ties to Apple.
wavesequencer wrote:Why is there a site called audiokitpro.com vs the original audiokit.io - are there some aspects of audiokit 'pro' such as feature extensions that will be commercialized?
...Because AudioKit.com was taken. 8) We wanted a new WordPress site to highlight the features and people making great things with AudioKit. The .io site is hosted on github and much of it is dynamically generated. The team wanted a nice new website, but, wanted to keep the dynamically generated features of the .io site.

There are absolutely no plans to commercialize any contributions by open-source members for sale as a "paid" version. The new features of AudioKit will always be free and open-source for you to use in your apps!

There's so much awesome stuff going on with AK, it's hard to store it on one site. The .io is now storing all the Developer Documentation and other dynamically generated content from Github, such as the download packages.

The "pro" is a designation highlighting the fact that the framework is evolving into a pro-quality framework- used in production by many entities that we can not publically talk about. But, you may be surprised to know that major music desktop platform developers are currently using AudioKit to bring their apps to iOS.

If you have further questions, or want to talk offline, you can directly reach myself, and the founder of AudioKit, and other core-team members at hello@audiokitpro.com :phones:
AudioKit Synth One. Free & open-source iOS Synthesizer:
http://audiokitpro.com/synth

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”