The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Screw that! It's almost Christmas! :hihi:

robojam wrote:Screw that! It's almost Christmas! :hihi:
Do you think Santa will bring me some cash? :hyper:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

My addiction this year seems to be DAWs.

I have been a loyal user of MultiTrack Studio Pro Plus for years. (I'm one of something like 8 regular users worldwide.) It's great for doing live multitrack recordings such as concerts at clubs - sending each channel from the mixing board to its own track.

But I wanted to try out something else for desktop music creation. After all, you never see MultiTrack Studio on any lists of best/favorite workstations.

Thanks to sales from October through the current offerings, I now find myself with Sonar X1 LE, Music Creator 6, and the FL Studio Signature bundle.

And of course it's GAS season. So while I was at it, I also picked up Session Drummer 2, Cakewalk's Studio Instruments, Rapture, the Rapture tutorial video, and the Sonar X1 Explained video. Oh, and also three issues of CM for the current download offerings and the old CM Studio (now that it's no longer part of the mag).

Can't say I have any regrets though, other than missing out on the $20 Sonar X1 LE deal in late summer. I set aside a small budget for (extra) GAS this year, and I'm letting myself enjoy it.

I have no idea yet which DAW will end up being my new favorite.

glenrhodes wrote:I find that my biggest cost drain is software more than gear..
You too? :cry: :help:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Just bought an Akai MiniMPK so I can work on music since I'm travelling more often. I still had a decent bit of money left over and had been really wanting to try out an analog synth so I got the Dave Smith Mopho Module from Sweetwater on their 3-payment plan.

But seriously, that's it. I need to start saving more for wherever the heck I end up moving in the fall. :shock: It's really hard not to let money burn a whole in my pocket now that I'm out of college and can work all day...
Using: Alchemy, Synth Squad, Arp 2600v, DSI Mopho desktop, PC

No prizes for guessing what my New Year Resolution is going to be!

stixman wrote:No prizes for guessing what my New Year Resolution is going to be!
Mine too! I'd love to fool myself in believing I could actually make it next year :hihi:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I'm so weak. I don't know why I can't be stronger.

Because the gear is good. It's sooooo good and shiny.

It looks pretty.

It's got knobs.

You love it.

I love it.

It goes ssssssssssssshhhhwwwwwrrrrooooraaaAAAARRROOOOGGGAHHHH.

What was the problem again?
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote: It goes ssssssssssssshhhhwwwwwrrrrooooraaaAAAARRROOOOGGGAHHHH.

What was the problem again?

The other piece of gear has sliders instead of knobs and goes wwwwwrrrrooooraaassssssssssssshhhhAAAARRROOOOGGGAHHHH.

So you have to get that one too.

Update: I put this year's gear budget towards a new workstation. Over the fall and winter holiday sales, I bought the full package of the FL Studio Signature Bundle, Music Creator 6 and Sonar X1 LE.

And so far, my favorite of all my new workstations is...

... MuLab 4 Free.

Figures, huh? $$$$ spent on the others, and the demo version of something else is the one that grabs me the most.

:bang:

hibidy wrote::bang:
:help: :(
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

It never ends Barry, it never ends......

But, I'm pretty stoked about my plugin alliance stuff. Maag eq is fab, mpressor is fab, I wasn't sold on this rockrack, but after giving it the once-over today.......fab.

Yeah, I'm light in the wallet but at least I'm using it all :D

Last december I promised myself I won't spend a buck in year 2012 until I learn in depth what I already own.

You can guess how well that turned out. :bang:

Being poor helps.

Well, it keeps you from buying stuff at least.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”