Bitwig Studio [Certified Official Thread!] - with cats, and INFO!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Loki Fuego wrote:
hibidy wrote:Has anyone mentioned the fact that since they worked for ableton, and since it's so similar there might be some legal issues?
I'm pretty sure that no-one have thought of this yet. I think that this is a very important issue to discuss for us, as we totally unrelated to it. We could come to some incredible conclusions here. Or even generate some really great advices for corporate lawyers.
Afaik, computer programs may not be protected in Europe by invention patents unless they require a dedicated hardware to run (which is obviously not applicable here as far as Bitwig is intended to work on any PC or Mac having any soundcard). Only the program code as such may be protected and, probably, some of the GUI elements that satisfy the criteria for trademarks. Given that, I see no basis for legal issues arising from the workflow or GUI layout similarities if the code is different.

However, my understanding of European IP law may be incomplete. I'm a patent attorney at my day job, but I work in Russia. Our law has some similarities to European but isn't completely written after it.

"Nobody thought of that yet".

Are you joking?! It's been the most hotly debated topic of the entire Bitwig history!!

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Exactly, that's why I thought it was sarcasm here. If you are lucky you may still find the sun-bleached bones of that dead horse over at the Ableton forums.

That post by Loki Fuego wasn't sarcasm? :scared:

Loki Fuego wrote:
hibidy wrote:Has anyone mentioned the fact that since they worked for ableton, and since it's so similar there might be some legal issues?
I'm pretty sure that no-one have thought of this yet. I think that this is a very important issue to discuss for us, as we totally unrelated to it. We could come to some incredible conclusions here. Or even generate some really great advices for corporate lawyers.
I think you two just found out what's truly going on at BitWig.
This topic deserves a whole new thread.

be funny if ableton manages to stop it and they have to recode the gui and certain aspects :hihi:

then it would be 2020 if that :hihi:

wasi wrote:That post by Loki Fuego wasn't sarcasm? :scared:
Yes, that was a sarcasm. But not that kind of fat, right-in-your-face wobbly sarcasm favoured by many modern music producers.
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

Loki Fuego wrote:
wasi wrote:That post by Loki Fuego wasn't sarcasm? :scared:
Yes, that was a sarcasm. But not that kind of fat, right-in-your-face wobbly sarcasm favoured by many modern music producers.
Sorry for doubting you. They made me ask. ;) :D

Poe's law in action (and I was affected)

:dog:

oi....well...it did seem to be kind of funny though... :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

A successful troll ... well played :x

:tu: :lol:
... space is the place ...

haha ha ha (sarcastic) ha

"It dreamed itself along"

New post on facebook from the bitwig team 56 minutes ago..

Ok, ok... as so many people wrote us and asked for note editing tools to use on note selections, such as transpose, spread velocity, randomize velocity, double/halve tempo, reverse note pattern etc. we just built them in! Then we added another 1-2 handy surprises to this whole editing topic and it all will be available in version 1.0!

trusampler wrote:New post on facebook from the bitwig team 56 minutes ago..

Ok, ok... as so many people wrote us and asked for note editing tools to use on note selections, such as transpose, spread velocity, randomize velocity, double/halve tempo, reverse note pattern etc. we just built them in! Then we added another 1-2 handy surprises to this whole editing topic and it all will be available in Live 10 !

Fixed the last part for you ....................................................^^^^ :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”