New Gear Thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After over 9 years, 3 hosted radioshows and almost 300 sets recorded, I now have my own DJ gear :party:

Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Super stoked about these...

These have really helped to tighten up MIDI communication in my rig. Particularly when it comes to clock timing.

E-RM multiclock
The Multiclock is awesome. It has an extremely tight internal clock but it can also sync to external MIDI, an audio clock source or DIN Sync. It has 4 outputs which can generate MIDI clock, analog clock, DIN Sync or an LFO. You can independently start and stop the clock signal for each output, in time with the master clock. You can also shift each clock by +/- 300ms. This is nice when I need to compensate for latency. A really useful tool if you have a lot of hardware sequencers.

Alyseum AL-88c
The AL-88c transmits MIDI to and from my computer via ethernet. It uses Copperlan as a configuration tool and to present MIDI ports to software.

And I love it. I was a bit meh for the first few hours, but after I hooked everything up and admired what it was capable of I fell in love with it. It has now become the central hub of the studio allowing a jam session without the PC. Then at the flick of a (very lovely soft yet solid) button all the kit is synced to the PC.

Which is remarkably meh, but they're supposed to be so they're forgiven.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:Image

And I love it. I was a bit meh for the first few hours, but after I hooked everything up and admired what it was capable of I fell in love with it. It has now become the central hub of the studio allowing a jam session without the PC. Then at the flick of a (very lovely soft yet solid) button all the kit is synced to the PC.
I had looked at the SBX-1 before getting the Multiclock but chose the MC because I need 3 MIDI clock outputs and I don't need the MIDI>CV converter on the SBX. Also the ability to offset each output independently has become the key feature for me.
That said, it's remarkable that Roland was able to get such tight timing over USB. Normally USB MIDI will favor low latency over timing accuracy (which is why jitter is inherent to class compliant USB MIDI devices) but it appears that Roland is using a custom, kernel-level driver to allow for communication without jitter.

arrived in the post today

Bastl microGranny, Black Pigeon edition. 8bit/22KHz sample granulator with sampling. :party:

(picture linked from the maker's website)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Couldn't resist it ...

DJ Warmonger wrote:After over 9 years, 3 hosted radioshows and almost 300 sets recorded, I now have my own DJ gear :party:

:uhuhuh:

thecontrolcentre wrote:Image

Couldn't resist it ...
+1

:D

rob_lee wrote:

Couldn't resist it ...
+1

Did you get one of these too ... ?

thecontrolcentre wrote:
rob_lee wrote:

Couldn't resist it ...
+1

Did you get one of these too ... ?

Sold that but have the Octatrack, Analog 4 and Machinedrum. Didn't click with the Rytm Dave

I have the Ocatrack too. Haven't really dug into it yet ... I like the sounds in the Rytm. It has real presence.

whyterabbyt wrote:arrived in the post today

Bastl microGranny, Black Pigeon edition. 8bit/22KHz sample granulator with sampling. :party:

(picture linked from the maker's website)
Bastl are doing some really cool stuff! I've been looking at the kits for some of their drum modules. I really like the Knitrider module but it's not available as a kit. I'm also not sure about the wood face plates. :hihi: I tend to be pretty rough on my gear.

justin3am wrote:Bastl are doing some really cool stuff! I've been looking at the kits for some of their drum modules. I really like the Knitrider module but it's not available as a kit. I'm also not sure about the wood face plates. :hihi: I tend to be pretty rough on my gear.
Yeah, I was looking at them as well, including the GrandPa before I got this. But the other modules, like the KnitRider and CV Trinity, that I would have been interested in werent available as kits. And to be honest, it looked like the price difference between the kit and the full version of some of the modules was maybe lower than would have made it worth my while.

The wood faceplate slightly concern me too, but Ive got access to lasercutters, so replacing them with acrylic would be possible.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

60 more days.....

Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”