2014 Predictions for DAW's, VST's, VSTi's and apps

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gone
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I wish for new Studio One or Cakewalk Sonar version a nice notation editor. Sonar have one, but it is useless, but Studio One maybe get nice one, because Presonus buy Notion company, which created notation program.

Bitwig Studio
Zebra 3
maybe Bazille

I predict that one or more big name software houses wil release new versions of their software that are absolutely unusable straight out of the box.

I further predict that one or more major software developers will find themselves in terrible financial straits and will go out of business.

Synth 1 updated to x64 and support for VST3, AU, AXX & RTAS

:party:

I'm mostly interested in Blue 2 and Alchemy 2. Hoping to see them both in 2014.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I am still waiting for the DAW that can wash dishes...

dayjob wrote:January - Cats
february - Cats
march - Cats
april - Cats
may - Cats
june - Cats
july - Cats
august - Cats
september - Cats
october - Cats
november - Cats
december - Cats

January 2015 - Web 2.0
Well, feb anyways:

http://8dio.com/instrument/catmosphere/

So far I have a perfect record. :clap:
None of my predictions have not materialized. :oops:

Let give the predictions a plus or minus 6 months. :lol:
Does that seem reasonable?

I predict there will be no paid upgrade for Samplitude Pro X, I think Samp will stay at Pro X until at least this time next year :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

It is becoming obvious that all the Major names in the music industry are conspiring to make sure none of predictions become realty. Just by chance alone I would have been right 50%. Yes? :wheee:

To make this happen I now predict
(was 2014) NOW 2015 Serious Predictions

January - Alchemy 2
February - Studio One 3
March - MachFive 4
April - Omnisphere 2 or RMX 2
May - Reaper 5
June - Cubase 8
July - Komplete 10
August - Melodyne Studio 3
September - Sonar X4
October - Samplitude Pro x1
November - Live 10
December -Bitwig 2 or Bidule 1 or energyXT 3

By saying this will happen in 2015 the Conspirators will attempt to prove me wrong by releasing the software new version upgrades as shown above before the end of 2014. :lol:

KK, you're right, you've successfully not predicted anything

:hug:

I dunno. I get tired though of SOME areas not having things. There was a thread about spectra having some kinda new something or other BEFORE 2014, so frankly, I'm a bit bummed there.

I don't think you are far off on komplete 10. A couple of months.......

You may strike prediction GOLD with sonar x4! :hyper:

You may also be close on Live 10. Though I have to admit, I'm a bit pissed there isn't a 9.2+ release yet :x

hibidy wrote:KK, you're right, you've successfully not predicted anything

:hug:

I dunno. I get tired though of SOME areas not having things. There was a thread about spectra having some kinda new something or other BEFORE 2014, so frankly, I'm a bit bummed there.

I don't think you are far off on komplete 10. A couple of months.......

You may strike prediction GOLD with sonar x4! :hyper:

You may also be close on Live 10. Though I have to admit, I'm a bit pissed there isn't a 9.2+ release yet :x
Yes, I am successful at many things! :roll:

The release of Reason 8 has put in motion the stampede of biblical proportions of the release of DAW and VST and VSTi updates.

Add one more prediction, December 31 at midnight for Iris 2. I know you said that Izotope is very slow at upgrading their software so likely I am wrong here. I am sure that you are also wishing you are wrong. Sometimes knowing the past allows you to see the future.

Perhaps Alchemy 2 will have an Iris like feature but more advanced? May be even Absynth will do likewise?

I predict the trend for "a dedicated synth for every subfamily of sound" to continue.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”