Another FM video with cracked Sylenth. ...and Martin Garrix.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ingonator wrote:I didn't know that those few people who did and still are bashing Tone2 are "most people".
When listening to the words of a preacher, you need to take things with a grain of salt. The poster *overstated* the case in order to give an example of the desperation of software developers. This was used in a subliminal way to show how superior the crackers are ("even intrusive protection can be cracked")

But in fact, all of this is nonsense and completely irrelevant. Copy protection does not need to be intrusive to succeed, to the contrary: Intrusive copy protection is cracked easily, whereas successful copy protection is most likely non-intrusive.

On a related note, here's another sure sale, found in a Zebra-cracked-by-R2R thread on a popular warez forum:

Ok, it took a bit long. We might need to trigger some timebombs in a more timely manner.

Urs wrote: Look, you don't even understand a simple thing I said (open default browser with url, then tracking customer from landing page to shop checkout). If you call that intrusive then no wonder those crackateers can make you believe into their oh so unspeakable powers. Same as spaghetti monster. Simple as :scared:
No mister, I understand very well.
Every software that launches unwanted scripts or functions IS intrusive! Then i speak of reverse engineers while you write "crackateers". You know well that every software can be reverse engineered, it's just the amount of efforts & will power that determines the success. Be calm, I'm not on their side neither on the side of developers, i just critically approach some "constructed realities".

And btw: Spaghetti taste much better than "Sauerkraut" or potatoes. :box: :hyper:
Last edited by Delfinoverde on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

But surely it only does these "unwanted" functions if you've been using it illegitimately?

It's not intrusive to customers.

If people are gonna use cracked software, they're opening themselves up for far worse intrusions than a non-binding, fairly friendly prod to buy the thing!

And personally, I like spaghetti, sauerkraut and potatoes equally. :P
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Delfinoverde wrote:
No mister, I understand very well.
Every software that launches unwanted scripts or functions IS intrusive! Then i speak of reverse engineers while you write "crackateers". You know well that every software can be reverse engineered, it's just the amount of efforts & will power that determines the success. Be calm, I'm not on the side of them neither on the side of developers, i just critically approach some "constructed realities".

And btw: Spaghetti taste much better than "Sauerkraut" or potatoes. :box: :hyper:

Delfinoverde wrote:Then i speak of reverse engineers while you write "crackateers". You know well that every software can be reverse engineered, it's just the amount of efforts & will power that determines the success.
Effort and talent yes, but will power? I don't think so. Someone with will power would use that to do something meaningful.

To set you straight, I think "crackateer" is nothing short of an appropriate pun to name crackers it combines "cracker" and "racketeer". I find the term "reverse engineers" euphemistic and inappropriate in this respect, it deminishes the work of reverse engineers who work on a legitimate base by putting script kiddies and crooks on the same level with them. I also find your choice of words condescending towards developers, and I find your choice of glorification of crackateers laughable.

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:But surely it only does these "unwanted" functions if you've been using it illegitimately?

It's not intrusive to customers.

If people are gonna use cracked software, they're opening themselves up for far worse intrusions than a non-binding, fairly friendly prod to buy the thing!

And personally, I like spaghetti, sauerkraut and potatoes equally. :P
+1

Urs wrote: Look, you don't even understand a simple thing I said (open default browser with url, then tracking customer from landing page to shop checkout).
Tbh, i didn't get it too. But then, do i have to? :P

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:If people are gonna use cracked software, they're opening themselves up for far worse intrusions than a non-binding, fairly friendly prod to buy the thing!
No that's just a fairytale invented by developers to scare ignorant people. Of course there might be some risks using non-official software, because everybody could eventually embed malicious codes in a binary but who has any interest in this? The respect must be reciprocal between developers and clients, if developers treat people like under-aged subjects there cannot be respect, what then comes back to them.
Last edited by Delfinoverde on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Um... fwiw, i recently got through some old game cd's (very old), and on almost every of those "unofficial copies", my antivirus' alarm was ringing. So much for the fairytale... afaic, cracks and warez are the no.1 source of malware around. I have no idea where you have your info from.

Delfinoverde wrote:
The_Hidden_Goose wrote:If people are gonna use cracked software, they're opening themselves up for far worse intrusions than a non-binding, fairly friendly prod to buy the thing!
No that's just a fairytale invented by developers to scare ignorant people. Of course there might be some risks using non-official software, because everybody could eventually embed malicious codes in a binary but who has any interest in this? The respect must be reciprocal between developers and clients, if developers treat people like under-aged subjects there cannot be respect.
Not quite. We have seen a crack of Diva that installed a spyware that sent credit card data to some server. The crack itself was alright, but the installer was malicious. We have a first hand case where someone went through a lot of trouble to get his money back.

If you think I make this up, I can propably still send you that installer and you can see for yourself.

I used to use lots of cracked audiowarez. And was constantly plagued by malware.

I no longer use cracked audio software (not for security reasons, but for peace-of-mind reasons tbh) and no longer have such troubles.

I draw my conclusions from experience, not hearsay.
A. The higher the fewer.

Probably depends on, where you get it.
Not sure how common it would be.

One thing I remember though:
There was an AMA on reddit of some hacker and botnet-operator (seemed legit), who said, that he actually gets most of his bots from infecting cracked software with his malcode.

And it also makes sense.
When a new crack of a popular software comes out, it gets spreaded within minutes to a several thousand users, who will run the installer.
So you just have to be fast and be the first one to upload it on a big warez-site.

Be that as it may, if I download cracked software and in so doing infect my system with malware of any kind, and then attempt to complain at my source (regardless at how removed from of distribution origin it is) then I might as well be pissing in the wind.

If I get it from something I've bought, I know exactly where to address my grievances - with the reasonable assumption that, if well placed, it could at least have some impact on their future business. I would also have a point of contact at their support, and have some avenue for redress - or failing that I would not personally buy anything from them ever again and lesson learned about that particular dev.

Crackers don't operate in a vacuum, and require the dark net in some form to distribute and show off their skills. So you are buying (hehe) into a more risk-filled world when you do go down that route either way.

While it's true that some people will be happy to accept that risk, I've found that since having less exposure to it, I'm happier all round.

I don't attack people who use them if they're not well-off and not making money from the use, as that would be historically hypocritical of me (although having videos showing you using them when you've obviously made a bunch of sales shows a person to be a bit of a tit IMO). But I'll certainly defend a developer's right to attempt to mitigate any losses that piracy incurs, including the more brute methods such as dongles - which I don't use for many reasons that have been gone over and over here on a million and one threads, but if the developer is happy that it works for them in terms of keeping their business going then I'm cool with that too. It isn't unfair.

I just don't get why anyone would have an issue with how u-he does things. No CR, no dongle, no hassle for legitimate customers, I doubt they're giving swathes of info they might use for this kind of tracking (which as has been mentioned, is nothing more than you'll get when you use pretty much any site these days, with no real knowledge of where that data ends up and who accesses it) to authorities as it wouldn't be worth their time and effort to follow up on it.....Beyond plain paranoia (and I'm not as sure as Urs about there not being something like a "new world order"/"illuminati", although I doubt it's as organised and monolithic as the Alex Jones' of this world would have us believe, so I'm no stranger to the idea of conspiracy), I just don't get it.
A. The higher the fewer.

Delfinoverde wrote:
No that's just a fairytale invented by developers to scare ignorant people. Of course there might be some risks using non-official software, because everybody could eventually embed malicious codes in a binary but who has any interest in this? The respect must be reciprocal between developers and clients, if developers treat people like under-aged subjects there cannot be respect, what then comes back to them.
Jesus christ dude you really don't know how this shit works do you? You realize the bot-net potential that can be realized with cracked music software? Do you really for even a f**king moment think "real" hackers are out there to not make money and brute force all kinds of passwords and syphon keystrokes and attack agencies and governments they have problems with?

You forget this world is built by people who need to make money, whether legitimately... or illegitimately. You're the one living in a fantasy-land my friend.

Who has an interest in this?? Dear god, honestly?? Are you hearing yourself? THINK.
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”