Another FM video with cracked Sylenth. ...and Martin Garrix.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

billcarroll wrote:
CableChannel wrote:So will Mr. Garrix get sued by Lennar now? Should be an easy case to win, shouldn't it?
I'd at least love to hear from Lennard about cracked copies of Sylenth appearing on Furture Music again and again. How has this affected his business?

its all free publicity.....

What pisses me off more is the fact that KV331 is offering an NFR version of SynthMaster.

It was claimed that KV331 "called Martin out" on using an illegal version of Sylenth, but I just see this as them saying "Martin, it's ok if you want to have software for free that poor people have to pay for, just as long as it's SynthMaster instead of Sylenth"...

"Dear @MartinGarrix instead of using cracked Sylenth you can contact us to receive an NFR license for #SynthMaster Thx pic.twitter.com/Ld0kqx8Ak5

— KV331 Audio (@kv331audio) January 10, 2014"
You are currently reading my signature.

How stupid am I to save every month some bucks to buy new software legally? I could be rich now if I would use crackz...

Laughing hard at the people saying games dont make money. "Grand Theft Auto IV broke industry sales records by earning US $500 million in the first week of its release."

Yes, console games are pirated too. People already dug into GTA and found code related to a PC version, which made big news on the net, as Rock* hadnt announced it yet.

People buy things they want and like. If you make (for example) a crappy game, dont blame piracy for poor sales, blame the product or the marketing. Im not saying crap isnt pirated, im saying that even with piracy, good products in this day and age can still break records (see GTA IV sales).

Then there is the militant copy protection, where people who paid for the product would still rather use a hacked version, because it runs a lot better without the software doing a lot of extra work.

As for 'nothing going to happen here', this is the movie we've watched for a long time. Hes famous and has money, so go nuts. If he was a nobody here on KVR and posted a screenshot of the same thing as the video, im sure it would be a different outcome.

They are the stars, we are the sheep, know your role.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

djanthonyw wrote:What pisses me off more is the fact that KV331 is offering an NFR version of SynthMaster.

It was claimed that KV331 "called Martin out" on using an illegal version of Sylenth, but I just see this as them saying "Martin, it's ok if you want to have software for free that poor people have to pay for, just as long as it's SynthMaster instead of Sylenth"...

"Dear @MartinGarrix instead of using cracked Sylenth you can contact us to receive an NFR license for #SynthMaster Thx pic.twitter.com/Ld0kqx8Ak5

could it be a sarcastic tweet?

Kriminal wrote:
Sendy wrote: I can't imagine someone like Four-tet or Mouse on Mars using craxicles, though.

Why?
Just a baseless preconception. But I'm curious if it's true.

Looking into it further, it seems to me less mainstream artists are less in a hurry to be the next big thing, so they're more likely to take their time, buying software and learning it. They also strike me as more intelligent or, shall we say, thoughtful, than your typical flavour-of-the-month EDM superstar DJ.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Kriminal wrote:
billcarroll wrote:
CableChannel wrote:So will Mr. Garrix get sued by Lennar now? Should be an easy case to win, shouldn't it?
I'd at least love to hear from Lennard about cracked copies of Sylenth appearing on Furture Music again and again. How has this affected his business?

its all free publicity.....
I tkink so too. If after the video 100 people download the warezed version, and 10 buy it legally, it's already a success... at least from what i read, my impression is, that Lennard could think like that. A law suit is always trouble and costs money anyway.

CableChannel wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:What pisses me off more is the fact that KV331 is offering an NFR version of SynthMaster.

could it be a sarcastic tweet?
No, KV331 is known for giving out NFR copies of SynthMaster to "famous" people left and right. I guess in this case the person is only famous because he is a label's marketing experiment similar to most pop music.
You are currently reading my signature.

If it was just for Kv33l. This is common practise. Even U-he has kind of endorsement program. (A bit tighter though.) In a lot of cases, companies will give out NFR versions for kudos for free. Why not? It's essentially a trade for propagation. All it takes for the artist is one freaking e-mail. ...which makes it even more unbelivable why those videos are still showing up. This is open f**k off to developers by those artists.
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

Not only to developers, but the legit paying customers as well. We are put into the position, that we are worth a damn compared to these so called... "professional musicians".

And this is highly aggravating.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

"Hey, I plan on making a really huge hit with your synth, but Im kinda broke. Can I have one?"
:hihi:
ImageImageImageImage

FarleyCZ wrote:If it was just for Kv33l. This is common practise. Even U-he has kind of endorsement program. (A bit tighter though.) In a lot of cases, companies will give out NFR versions for kudos for free. Why not? It's essentially a trade for propagation. All it takes for the artist is one freaking e-mail. ...which makes it even more unbelivable why those videos are still showing up.
Good point actually. :hihi: Maybe the guy is really just a kid who thinks it's "cool" to go warez. His track titles add to that impression...

Then why did other, more experienced musicians, do that as well and were filmed doing so by FM?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I think Avicii's excuse was that he can only use some custom skin with the cracked version, and he does own it legally. Don't know about the others. :)

chk071 wrote:I think Avicii's excuse was that he can only use some custom skin with the cracked version, and he does own it legally. Don't know about the others. :)
He's obviously better in making music than in finding the right excuses...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”