What the f...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I usually dont listen to pop music, but this one turn my Beyers DT-250 into subwoofer. Amount of bass is overkilling. I wonder how it will sound on DT770 (pure mess? I afraid to ask how it will sound on Beats, rofl), if its already sounds like bass monster on DT250. And this was mixed by professional engineers for one of the biggest pop singers? This is ridiculous, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OyAlXB_Gts

Better quality (mp3 320):

[Mod edit: Link removed.]

Totally broken mix, what do you think?

sound quality is a joke. totally overcompressed crap. jesus.. my speakers sounds like damaged with this track.. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I hate that. Female artists, if you wanna go naked, go f**king naked! Not this crap with hair over titties and white washed out c**t. :x
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Suddenly my mixes do not sound so bad!
So many times mixing and then listening and being frustrated that it just do not sound good well maybe start to listen to this kind of crap and boost my ego.
Every man and every woman is a star.

http://www.musicalandroid.com/

Big budget productions doing their best to emulate bedroom mixes. There was a time when things were the other way around. :ud:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

murnau wrote:sound quality is a joke. totally overcompressed crap. jesus.. my speakers sounds like damaged with this track.. :D
Yup, around -7db rms (that rms power is fine to me actually, i dont care about dynamics, because I make hard dance :P ), but the problem is - what about that insane bass? Is it normal for pro mainstream recordings at all? :D

Nielzie wrote:I hate that. Female artists, if you wanna go naked, go f**king naked! Not this crap with hair over titties and white washed out c**t. :x
She has no tittes and pretty damn fat, what do you want to expect? :hihi:

From a pair or computer speakers it sounds even funnier: only the vocals are clear because the upper end of that kick destroys everything else 4 times per measure. It's like someone singing over static.

Is it due to Youtube audio processing? Does the cd track sound like that?

musical android wrote:Suddenly my mixes do not sound so bad!
So many times mixing and then listening and being frustrated that it just do not sound good well maybe start to listen to this kind of crap and boost my ego.
Haha. I don't think it's a total crap tho, because I like vocals. Mix is a total shit tho. Somebody should spare some money to these poor guys for normal monitors, and probably, normal ears. :roll: :lol:

It sounds just like when you pull up next to some backwards-baseball-cap kid at a stop light who's blaring stuff so loud that you can hear it over your own system...even though you both have your windows rolled up.

Maybe that's how we should mix from now on--next time I pull up next to that kid, I'll hand him my track and ask him to play it. :-D

cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

And while KVR still discusses the extremely bad sound quality, the producers are going to do another super hit? :hihi: I can't watch the video, but it can't be that bad, if it's selling like nuts. Pretty normal that everything is over compressed and boom boom these days. Go to a cinema, and you know what i'm talking about... last time i went they had the bass so up that it was distorting like mad.

UltraJv wrote:Is it due to Youtube audio processing? Does the cd track sound like that?
The only difference with youtube that it's sounds way quieter. -7db rms on the original, baby :lol:
Last edited by X-Soul on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I guess I'm a happy soul who didn't even listen to it, so don't even know what it's like lol
Great thing to be seclusive, spaceship, dreams and endless TV series :party:
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

Appalling. I absolutely agree with most of the comments and the one about naked women and music especially. Anyway, it sounds muffled and distorted due to overlimiting and there is too much sub indeed, but not as much as I expected by your description. However, it sounds like cr*p. errrrrr I just threw a look on my VU meter, it doesn't move at all! wtf? Is it broken? :shock:

edit: I played some good old Depeche Mode from 1990 and the VU meter works just fine. :hihi:
Last edited by DuX on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”