"Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I heard Prodyon did it repeatedly, now Nine Volt Audio. Big "out of business" sale, then reopening the business (possibly under a new name).

Is it just a cheap marketing trick? Or a trick to get rid of customer service obligations?

I am not implying or suggesting anything, just asking questions.

There are shops on the high street that have been having 'closing down sales' for years, dunno whats taking them so long to close down... :hihi:

Kriminal wrote:There are shops on the high street that have been having 'closing down sales' for years, dunno whats taking them so long to close down... :hihi:
Now that you say it, there's a couple of shops here which do the same too. :D

@ CableChannel: I don't think so. And in Prodyon's case, i'm not involved in that personally, as i've never purchased anything from him, but that looked very shady... i don't think that that's a good marketing trick to pull off really. Rather the opposite.

poundland recently had a sale
lolwtfroflgtfoh!

See it this way: What should people do after the "Closing-Down" sale? Never make business again? Go into the monastery? Jump off the bridge? :o

As long as they're alive, they'll create other businesses... :P

The question is why they closed their business in the first place. If it was due to shortage of income, then i wonder what will be the benefit of a new business. Unless you're looking for new credit, or a new start, to make up for a bad name.

Tricky-Loops wrote:See it this way: What should people do after the "Closing-Down" sale? Never make business again? Go into the monastery? Jump off the bridge? :o
Well, but why close down at all, if you are going to continue anyway? Doesn't make the least bit of sense.

CableChannel wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:See it this way: What should people do after the "Closing-Down" sale? Never make business again? Go into the monastery? Jump off the bridge? :o
Well, but why close down at all, if you are going to continue anyway?
To create a better company with different tasks?

Tricky-Loops wrote:
CableChannel wrote:
Well, but why close down at all, if you are going to continue anyway?
To create a better company with different tasks?
so if a company isn't really closing down and it's just a marketing trick like the OP states that's okay with you? Personally I do not care for companies who use deceptive practices. Also if a company closes down to create a better company what proof do I have that they will still support products from their old business?

Sometimes they go in completely different directions...example Daion guitars, they were made for a short time in the late 70's and early 80's and were handmade in Japan. They came up with a new (back then) way of laminating and it was awesome, except then if it didn't say Ibanez on the neck it better say Made In USA and as a result somehow they discovered this laminating worked very well for golf clubs. They stopped making guitars and started making golf clubs :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Tricky-Loops wrote:To create a better company with different tasks?
Tricky, a company can change tasks, competences, products, anything, WITHOUT closing down.

vurt wrote:poundland recently had a sale
lolwtfroflgtfoh!
:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hNHFIRqCDs

chk071 wrote:The question is why they closed their business in the first place. If it was due to shortage of income, then i wonder what will be the benefit of a new business. Unless you're looking for new credit, or a new start, to make up for a bad name.
I think the close down sale generates a lot of income and customers. This was the case with Nine Volt Audio. I bought a product from their final sale and now I get marketing emails from the followup business, which is basically exactly the same as before.

those journey to creation figs are awesome!

CableChannel wrote:
chk071 wrote:The question is why they closed their business in the first place. If it was due to shortage of income, then i wonder what will be the benefit of a new business. Unless you're looking for new credit, or a new start, to make up for a bad name.
I think the close down sale generates a lot of income and customers. This was the case with Nine Volt Audio. I bought a product from their final sale and now I get marketing emails from the followup business, which is basically exactly the same as before.
With the same products than before? :?:

CableChannel wrote:
I see. Well, seems like a good trick to me then. :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”