What kind of music you'd hate?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:I'll hate the music, not the musicians. So when I say I hate aviciiwotever I actually mean the music of, and not the person.
That's exactly how I feel. Bring me Justin Bieber and I'll drink a glass of beer with him. But I don't like his music.

Same thing with Heino... (I don't like his music but he's a great confectioner!)

(Does anyone know Heino in the UK, anyway?)

I wouldn't go so far as to drink with JB...seems like a bit of a spoilt idiot! :hihi:
But I can't say I really hate him.

Oh, and I've never heard of Heino. Did a quick wiki and still none the wiser!
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:I try not to hate people - especially people actually in my real life, as that can eat you up.

When it comes to music (and art in general) I'm happy using and even feeling hate, along with all the other gamut of emotions and reactions that it brings up. It's transient and ok to explore and indulge in imo. In that context, I think hate is as valid as joy as a response.

I'll hate the music, not the musicians. So when I say I hate aviciiwotever I actually mean the music of, and not the person.
I don't have a lot of time or emotional energy to be so focused on a person that makes a thing I hate.

I hate that particular thing I mentioned because I care about music, I think it's not good for the world, it sucks up a lot of space. The fact of how it doesn't require any real thought to produce it is just negating to the whole.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri May 09, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:I try not to hate people - especially people actually in my real life, as that can eat you up.

When it comes to music (and art in general) I'm happy using and even feeling hate, along with all the other gamut of emotions and reactions that it brings up. It's transient and ok to explore and indulge in imo. In that context, I think hate is as valid as joy as a response.

I'll hate the music, not the musicians. So when I say I hate aviciiwotever I actually mean the music of, and not the person.
I saved my life using positive affirmations, words like hate are toxic. Hating music serves no purpose, it does not improve my enjoyment of the music I like* or the music I make, Often I find when I examine why I dislike something I learn something...I may not care for it any more but I'll have a better understanding of it resulting in an appreciation for the artist creating the piece. Hating is easy, sometimes it takes time and effort to appreciate something and sometimes it's worth the effort. I mean if someone doesn't like something, music or even people why bother hating it/them and expressing hate? People cannot let go of hate which is weak, I try to be strong enough to understand and except instead of allowing a toxin like hate into my life...if my dislike for something is that strong I try to just leave it be...I may fail sometimes, but that is how I try to live my life...YMMV :)

*note just because I wont use the word hate that does not mean there are things I do not care for
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Yeah, bullshit. I think my hating that particular thing is not 'a toxin in my life', I think that music is the toxin. You're taking this common word and making it jump through hoops for you. I assure you I'm not, and no one else here is you.

The_Hidden_Goose wrote: I'll hate the music, not the musicians. So when I say I hate aviciiwotever I actually mean the music of, and not the person.
Sometimes. But in the case of kantya worst, I hate the person too :hihi:

Tricky-Loops wrote:
The_Hidden_Goose wrote:I'll hate the music, not the musicians. So when I say I hate aviciiwotever I actually mean the music of, and not the person.
That's exactly how I feel. Bring me Justin Bieber and I'll drink a glass of beer with him. But I don't like his music.

Same thing with Heino... (I don't like his music but he's a great confectioner!)

HEino is mostly known for his album covers.
What the *ZAP* ok... so that's what orange does....

I hate music from people who are younger, better looking, and more talented than I.

Xelebes wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:

HEino is mostly known for his album covers.
His cover version of "Sonne" by "Rammstein" is quite good, BTW, as his baritone voice fits well to the song...

That's a case where I still don't like the music but I like how Heino did the vocals! :D

jancivil wrote:Yeah, bullshit. I think my hating that particular thing is not 'a toxin in my life', I think that music is the toxin. You're taking this common word and making it jump through hoops for you. I assure you I'm not, and no one else here is you.
And actually, Hink and I are often the same person, sometimes we are both other people.

It's a complex time-sharing agreement we signed on to when we were selling our souls to the devil to become famous. Needless to say, neither of us became famous, but there was a clause in the contract that stated we had to lease out our souls occasionally, when the devil needed to shuffle a few things around. We do get most weekends and holidays off.

That choir boy act is a front. In fact, I have proof of it.

ontol wrote:I hate music from people who are younger, better looking, and more talented than I.
then you'll love my music :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

ontol wrote:
jancivil wrote:Yeah, bullshit. I think my hating that particular thing is not 'a toxin in my life', I think that music is the toxin. You're taking this common word and making it jump through hoops for you. I assure you I'm not, and no one else here is you.
And actually, Hink and I are often the same person, sometimes we are both other people.

It's a complex time-sharing agreement we signed on to when we were selling our souls to the devil to become famous. Needless to say, neither of us became famous, but there was a clause in the contract that stated we had to lease out our souls occasionally, when the devil needed to shuffle a few things around. We do get most weekends and holidays off.
And don't forget my offer to cover for either of you for vacations, religious holidays, close family events, etc.

robojam wrote:
ontol wrote:

And don't forget my offer to cover for either of you for vacations, religious holidays, close family events, etc.
Mike, I'll swap vacations with you any day...I'll go to Aruba while you come stay at my place and visit relatives in Nashua :tu:

Hink wrote:Mike, I'll swap vacations with you any day...I'll go to Aruba while you come stay at my place and visit relatives in Nashua :tu:
:hihi:

I'm actually tempted as it's been way too long since I was in Nashua. About 3 years now I think and only a flying visit last time.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”