there seems to be no money made in music nowadays.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

making music is like having sex. making music for money is like having sex for money. that is, yes, prostitution.

making music makes you happy often, more wise and experienced. making music for money too?

federu wrote:making music is like having sex. making music for money is like having sex for money. that is, yes, prostitution.

making music makes you happy often, more wise and experienced. making music for money too?
Well, that depends. I remember Ton Koopman (a famous dutch harpsichordist, organist and conductor) said in an interview that he was fortunate because he was getting paid for what he would do even for free. When that's what happen (you do what you want to do, and get paid) you are inded happy, fulfilled and a very fortunate guy. When you start to do what you HAVE to do, even if it's not what you WANT to do, then yes, it's like prostitution.
Fernando (FMR)

there seems to be no money being made in general

everyone I know is struggling and has been for years

Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:When you say "making money playing music", do you mean that you now support yourself entirely from "playing music?"
Is that a requirement? Lots of "regular" people have to get by working more than one job, why should life be different for performing musicians?
I guess you're talking about third world country US of A. Because over here not many "regular" people need to work more than one (full time) job just to get by... (yet?)

Anyway, I wouldn't want music to replace my day job... because then I wouldn't like to make music anymore. :shrug:

You should move to one of the countries with the coins with the hole in it, then you can make some scratch, and be MESMERIZED at the beauty.

:lol:
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

fmr wrote:
federu wrote:making music is like having sex. making music for money is like having sex for money. that is, yes, prostitution.

Well, that depends. I remember Ton Koopman (a famous dutch harpsichordist, organist and conductor) said in an interview that he was fortunate because he was getting paid for what he would do even for free. When that's what happen (you do what you want to do, and get paid) you are inded happy, fulfilled and a very fortunate guy. When you start to do what you HAVE to do, even if it's not what you WANT to do, then yes, it's like prostitution.
off course, but that I'd call donation or even bless

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”