Pink Floyd To Release First New Album in 20 Years

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One of the few Floyd albums I've never heard. It wasn't the first choice in my circle for rolling spliffs on, lol.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:One of the few Floyd albums I've never heard. It wasn't the first choice in my circle for rolling spliffs on, lol.
it's more for the mushroom guys :hihi:
"It dreamed itself along"

It's a pretty good album. I don't have it, but it's on my 'to buy' list.

mellotronaut wrote:
Bombadil wrote:One of the few Floyd albums I've never heard. It wasn't the first choice in my circle for rolling spliffs on, lol.
...more Hawkwind for the fungi pleasings...

MFXxx wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:
...more Hawkwind for the fungi pleasings...
hawkwind is sooo out of focus ... :scared: :lol:
"It dreamed itself along"

Bombadil wrote:Pink Floyd without Waters is like the Beatles without Lennon.
Pink Floyd without Richard Wright is like... I just don't know. From "Ummagumma" to "Obcsured by Clouds" he was one of the prime movers of the band. And Waters fired him.

SODDI wrote:
Pink Floyd without Richard Wright is like... I just don't know. From "Ummagumma" to "Obcsured by Clouds" he was one of the prime movers of the band. And Waters fired him.
Yeah this is why I don't consider the Wall or Final Cut true Floyd. Richard Wright isn't really in it. The Wall is brilliant and I like it, but it's Roger Waters with members of Pink Floyd playing in it. Not Pink Floyd.

robojam wrote:Still younger than the Stones...
I know actual stones that are younger then the stones.....

danbroad wrote:The guitar playing is still timeless, mind. I thought the last Gilmour solo album was excellent.

Agreed, but in reality, without Waters and Wright, this will really be a Gilmour solo album.
A good marketing idea but not really a Pink Floyd release...

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
SODDI wrote:
Yeah this is why I don't consider the Wall or Final Cut true Floyd. Richard Wright isn't really in it. The Wall is brilliant and I like it, but it's Roger Waters with members of Pink Floyd playing in it. Not Pink Floyd.
He played on The Wall didn't he? I thought he was the primary keyboard player, but with some input from others, and he was fired towards the end of the sessions.

Personally I really like the Final Cut, even without Wright being present. It's far better than the Floyd albums that followed.

robojam wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
SODDI wrote:
He played on The Wall didn't he? I thought he was the primary keyboard player, but with some input from others, and he was fired towards the end of the sessions.

Personally I really like the Final Cut, even without Wright being present. It's far better than the Floyd albums that followed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwtc5I757Jc

It's great news. I'm certainly not in that camp which thinks there were nothing good after Roger Waters. Actually I think Momentary Lapse of Reason is one of my favorite Pink Floyd albums. And I do not like their earlier pre-Gilmour period work at all. Even though their strongest albums were made in the 70's Momentary Lapse of Reason and Division Bell are both solid efforts with many stand-out tracks. Also the live Pulse from 1995 is fantastic.

David Gilmour's latest solo release On an Island was an excellent album so I have high hopes (pun intended!) for the new album.
No signature here!

I love the Live at Pompeii, especially the subtle drum stick drop and exchange during One of these Day, which is the first track that I heard which got me into Floyd during my teens...absolute classic track. Whilst I heard The Wall in the pop charts as a youngster (and liked it), I did not appreciate the music until a little older and a little greener.

And of course the Sid Barret tribute in 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyqgjCKm9nQ

Have so many good tracks and memories of times gone by with Floyd...passionately sentimental music for my ears. No end of guitar players down the beech during summer evenings playing wish you were here melodies and so on. So want to be yound again :)

PatchAdamz wrote:..without Waters and Wright, this will really be a Gilmour solo album.
A good marketing idea but not really a Pink Floyd release...
Wright is on it too though..

"Based on 1994 sessions is Rick Wright's swansong and very beautiful."

I will most likely be buying some of the tracks off itunes. I don't buy entire albums anymore since some of them only had one track I wanted on it. All I can say is I remember listening to Pink Floyd with my dad in our garage installing a new muffler on his Harley. My dad since has become very mentally sick, and it's my favorite memory of him. I am hoping I get it before he learns about it, so I can surprise him with some new Floyd.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”