Pink Floyd To Release First New Album in 20 Years

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have all 3 Syd Barrett solo albums, and 2 of the Roger Waters. I thought Radio KAOS had some catchy songs, with upbeat music. Was bored basically with that hitchiker album, it seemed like talking and not music melodic.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:I have all 3 Syd Barrett solo albums, and 2 of the Roger Waters. I thought Radio KAOS had some catchy songs, with upbeat music. Was bored basically with that hitchiker album, it seemed like talking and not music melodic.
The Syd Barrett albums are definitely better than the Roger Waters albums, for sure!

I know what you mean about Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking though - definitely the weakest of the 3, and there are parts that just seem to fizzle out before picking up again.

robojam wrote:
RunBeerRun wrote: I know what you mean about Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking though - definitely the weakest of the 3, and there are parts that just seem to fizzle out before picking up again.
Maybe, but it had a great cover... :hihi:
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

i don't expect much from this release.
the last convincing Floyd album was 'Animals', imo. i love the Barrett stuff especially, solo and Floyd. the only solo release, i like, except Barrett's, is Gilmour's 'On An Island'. ah and this wonderful Ron Geesin/Waters collab: Music from the Film 'The Body'.
'Welcome To The Machine' and 'Echoes' are my favourite post Barrett Floydies.
"It dreamed itself along"

BERFAB wrote:
robojam wrote:
RunBeerRun wrote: I know what you mean about Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking though - definitely the weakest of the 3, and there are parts that just seem to fizzle out before picking up again.
Unless you buy it in the US, in which case it's censored...

robojam wrote:
BERFAB wrote:
robojam wrote:
Unless you buy it in the US, in which case it's censored...
When it first came out, I bought my copy in the US. Unless theres a BETTER cover than the naked hitchhiker that I haven't seen?
Berfab

Oh, the black strip. Just realized that.
Berfab

BERFAB wrote:Oh, the black strip. Just realized that.
Yeah, same cover, just a black rectangle covering her ass.

robojam wrote:Still younger than the Stones...
:lol:
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

On my list to buy on CD for the collection. A really long list of.. ehh.. 2 now, this one and the upcoming U2 album. I haven't bought any CD's for ages now :neutral:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

RunBeerRun wrote:I thought Radio KAOS had some catchy songs, with upbeat music. Was bored basically with that hitchiker album, it seemed like talking and not music melodic.
+1

Seemed Hitchhiker was cut from the same cloth as The Wall and the Final Cut which I didn't really care for. Saw the Radio KAOS show too, good stuff, all multimedia and stuff way before U2 :)

GaryG wrote:
RunBeerRun wrote:I thought Radio KAOS had some catchy songs, with upbeat music. Was bored basically with that hitchiker album, it seemed like talking and not music melodic.
+1

Seemed Hitchhiker was cut from the same cloth as The Wall and the Final Cut which I didn't really care for. Saw the Radio KAOS show too, good stuff, all multimedia and stuff way before U2 :)
IMO Waters' best solo effort is Amused to Death. Much more coherent songs on it than the other two, and it benefits from a better guitarist than the other two (Jeff Beck).

Pink Floyd without Waters is like the Beatles without Lennon.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:Pink Floyd without Waters is like the Beatles without Lennon.
Whenever I think of the Waters/Gilmore split, I think about Harry Shearer in Spinal Tap talking about how the band is lucky to have two visionaries (that can't get along)--like "fire and ice." Good old Nigel and David.

-B
Berfab

Bombadil wrote:Pink Floyd without Waters is like the Beatles without Lennon.
it's the 4 together, who did great music. just listening to 'Atom Heart Mother': what a great excentric approach, weird and wonderful and special. :love:
"It dreamed itself along"

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”