Free U2 album at iTunes

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Damn!

Now there's a little voice in my head is saying "but what if it was really good." **

:hihi:

** No there isn't.

*** Cheers Mushy!

Yeah, it's not, IMNSHO. I'm not a U2 hater. I liked their music through Rattle and Hum to varying degrees. I haven't liked anything since, and this album is no exception. Whatever they had in the 80s, they've lost and it hasn't come back.

ghettosynth wrote:they've lost and it hasn't come back.
Just like the 80's, they can try to replicate it, but it can never come back, it's lost, like tears in the rain...

Numanoid wrote:
Just like the 80's, they can try to replicate it, but it can never come back, it's lost, like tears in the rain...
Time to die ....... :hihi:

fedexnman wrote:Time to die ....... :hihi:
To soon, I haven't seen c-beams glitter near the Tannhäuser Gate yet :wink:

Numanoid wrote:

For me, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, and Pop were the peak. They had a more interesting, experimental sound particularly in the production of the music that they didn't have before or haven't really had since (in my opinion). In other words, they're far more interesting to me when they're paired with a producer that pushes them into new sonic territory. No Line on the Horizon had potential but it lacked the "hooks."

I love the title track to Zooropa.
Last edited by jsp1979 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Numanoid wrote:
Yeah, but to be clear, I'm not nostalgic for the 80s. If I'm nostalgic for anything it's late 90s house music. For me though, there have regularly been songs that I really like on the first listen, even in current pop music. There are also songs that I don't really like but find something compelling about it and will listen to it again. Sometimes the latter category becomes something that I really like.

Nothing on U2s newest album, or anything by them since the 80s, fits either category for me.

I still think " Achtung Baby " is the " Back in Black " " Blood sugar sex magic " of U2 albums ... What that means ? AC/DC had a different singer but released their best album . Red Hot Chili Peppers added a classic rock vibe to there funky .... What U2 did is add a different vibe or alternative scene to there music .. Those 3 albums are great albums . I also feel those 3 artists haven't come close to releasing anything close to or as good since , I'll also add Moby's " Play" as well ...

From the Guardian's comments:

" 'I don't understand the problem, it's a free album'

It's the equivalent of someone coming along and sticking a really shitty, embarassing book amongst your beloved collection of (what you believe to be) fine literature, and supergluing it in place to make sure you can't get rid of it."

But it's easy to get rid of - took me 2 seconds to delete it from iTunes and iCloud

Numanoid wrote:
GaryG wrote:making it sound like a virus most people will want to get rid of.
That's the problem you end up in when you give away something for free.

There will always be somebody who find this very annoying, and have to be very vocal about that.

I'm a little sad that U2 give away their stuff so cheaply.

I dunno how I would have felt if it had been Depeche Mode who had done it.
Gave away? Just because it's free to us, doesn't mean they're not making money. I noticed when I checked it out (only available in the iTunes Radio?) it's sponsored by American Express, so, I'm sure Bono will be able to afford some new sunglasses soon.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I watched a documentary on how U2 made an album Bono would just sing or hum over the music and make up words ( alien language s ) ... I guess someone writes the lyrics later ... I don't think Bono writes the lyrics .. Is what I'm getting at ...

Numanoid wrote:
fedexnman wrote:Time to die ....... :hihi:
To soon, I haven't seen c-beams glitter near the Tannhäuser Gate yet :wink:
Enjoy, guys. I heard Blade runner 2 will be given for free in all itunes account for the iphone 7 launch.
With Bono in the role of young rick deckard :party:
Time to die :roll: ...

zerocrossing wrote:Gave away? Just because it's free to us, doesn't mean they're not making money. I noticed when I checked it out (only available in the iTunes Radio?) it's sponsored by American Express, so, I'm sure Bono will be able to afford some new sunglasses soon.
"To release U2’s album free, Apple paid the band and Universal an unspecified fee as a blanket royalty and committed to a marketing campaign for the band worth up to $100 million, according to several people briefed on the deal. That marketing will include a global television campaign, the first piece of which was a commercial that was shown during the event."

New sunglasses in the future, indeed.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

They didn't give it TO you - they gave it AT you, they shoved it down your throat, no one had any choice, there was no opt out. Apple and U2 acting like the corporate overlords they are.

The Jehovah's Witness came to our door to give their "gospel" AT us at 9:30 AM on Sunday and they broke our doorbell. We didn't ask them to come, we didn't WANT them to come. Oh, but you say, it's easy to put in a replacement doorbell, they wanted to GIVE something AT you for FREE.

I don't know who is more toxic, Jehovah's Witnesses or Bono. Probably Bono, because the level of pretense and smarmy self-important sanctimony is just overwhelming.

This is why I don't buy Apple products.

Bono could have at least wrote some songs about me for crying out loud. I mean come on, you know who I am. :x
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”