nvm

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AstralExistence wrote:an interesting thread topic ruined by fanbios, and people that can't see the big picture. as long as the people who buy software allow developers to continue to open and close shop, developers will continue to open and close shop, with no fear of repercussion. in the same way that, although a drastic example, airline flights will continue to have a certain timeframe in which they can hold passengers on a plane. its only when people speak up, that new laws are put into place that will make companies think twice before closing.

aka nvm
businesses go out of business, its a fact of life.
are you going to refuse to buy anything in case the company gos out of business before you die?

vurt wrote: businesses go out of business, its a fact of life.
That's not acceptable. We need laws to stop businesses from going out of business. This kind of rampant capitalism where consumers are exploited by businesses which are no longer selling things has to be stopped at the source...
What kind of society is it coming to when our kids wont be able to buy stuff that's not sold any more?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

:lol: :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

AstralExistence wrote:an interesting thread topic ruined by fanbios, and people that can't see the big picture. as long as the people who buy software allow developers to continue to open and close shop, developers will continue to open and close shop, with no fear of repercussion. in the same way that, although a drastic example, airline flights will continue to have a certain timeframe in which they can hold passengers on a plane. its only when people speak up, that new laws are put into place that will make companies think twice before closing.

aka nvm
Oh whaa Boohoo. Grow a spine. I have quite a few things here where the company stopped. Saab? Saturn? How many others?

Poor puppy... :cry:
Barry

trimph1 wrote:

aka nvm
Oh whaa Boohoo. Saab? Saturn? How many others?

Thank you for your heartfelt sympathy. Was scheduled this week to have my iPad air installed in the dash of my Saab 99 so that I could use Alchemy's resynthesis abilities to recalibrate the GPS running on DOS that interfaces with the trunk-mounted Synclavier to generate cutting edge sounds that play back on the 8 track.

Damn you, General Motors!
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

1st world problems.
:borg:

There you be, lol!!
Barry

mandolarian wrote:
trimph1 wrote:

aka nvm
Oh whaa Boohoo. Saab? Saturn? How many others?

Thank you for your heartfelt sympathy. Was scheduled this week to have my iPad air installed in the dash of my Saab 99 so that I could use Alchemy's resynthesis abilities to recalibrate the GPS running on DOS that interfaces with the trunk-mounted Synclavier to generate cutting edge sounds that play back on the 8 track.

Damn you, General Motors!
My wife bought a Saturn Vue just before news of it's demise. That reminds me... Hummer as well!!! :x :x :tantrum: :tantrum: :cry:
Barry

whyterabbyt wrote:
That's not acceptable. We need laws to stop businesses from going out of business. This kind of rampant capitalism where consumers are exploited by businesses which are no longer selling things has to be stopped at the source...
What kind of society is it coming to when our kids wont be able to buy stuff that's not sold any more?
:idiot: were you actually reading what i wrote or just looking for an excuse to throw another sarcastic and unfunny zinger. read what i wrote i said nothing about not allowing software companies to close, what i said was, their should be some kind of penalty given when a company closes down. so its not so easy and risk free to do so. im not the one here to create that penalty, or even give advice how i think it should be given, however, i think the idea of forcing developers to return the money they made during a certain time period is well and fair or a start.

you focus so much effort into being critical and the im more intelligent then you role and because of this, you fail to see or hear the viewpoint and or thoughts of others because you drown them out in a sea of im always right/i have the answer.

get off your high horse man, seriously, i assure you, and again, because you can't see the bigger picture in front of you, that in the upcoming future, such laws will become commonplace. i have no idea when that will occur, but it will occur sooner then later.

V0RT3X wrote:1st world problems.
and i agree with you. just as i think the whole history preservation society is for people that have the time to worry about preserving history instead of where there next meal is coming from. still, i live in a 1st world country, so i this case i have to worry about software rather then where im going to sleep tonight.

are you going to refuse to buy anything in case the company gos out of business before you die?
He said nevermind!

:ud:

V0RT3X wrote:1st world problems.
Indeed.

AstralExistence wrote:read what i wrote i said nothing about not allowing software companies to close, what i said was, their should be some kind of penalty given when a company closes down. so its not so easy and risk free to do so.
How would that help? CA hasn't closed or gone out of business according to the official records kept by the UK government. It's simply decided to stop selling products and told you to go download stuff before six months are up.

So any penalty for shutting a business would have absolutely zero effect in this case. In any case, many companies that do shut down have run out of money so are not in any position to pay a penalty because they can't even pay their creditors, so good luck with the penalty for closing.

Or maybe you'd like to see the Zombie Commerce Act get put onto the statutes where companies with no interest in continuing sales are forced to take your money.
AstralExistence wrote:get off your high horse man, seriously
The comedic value in this thread is strong.

AstralExistence wrote: :idiot:were you actually reading what i wrote or just looking for an excuse to throw another sarcastic and unfunny zinger. read what i wrote i said nothing about not allowing software companies to close, what i said was, their should be some kind of penalty given when a company closes down. so its not so easy and risk free to do so. im not the one here to create that penalty, or even give advice how i think it should be given, however, i think the idea of forcing developers to return the money they made during a certain time period is well and fair or a start.
yes, because that makes sense. lets rewrite the bankruptcy laws so that when a company winds up, instead of money owed going to the company's creditors, including its employees, money should go to people who already have the stuff they bought.
get off your high horse man
i assure you, and again, because you can't see the bigger picture in front of you, that in the upcoming future, such laws will become commonplace. i have no idea when that will occur, but it will occur sooner then later.
i think you've forgotten i was there to see your amazing cut-n-paste 'im a great tarot card reader' debacle, so forgive me if i take your, ahem, prediction with a pinch of salt.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

the funny thing is i dont have a high horse, mines a pony.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”