Another warez user featured in an FM video?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The more things change, the more they stay the same ;)

Here's common sense 101 rolled up nice and neatly. If you steal software to create your own empire, then you are a twit. I'd like to repeat that. If you steal software to create your own empire, you are a twit. BUT, if you follow them and KNOW they are stealing and BUY their stuff/tickets/etc, then you are satan's bastard spawn and need at least one of your heads severed.....

Any questions?

LOL, this thread has now completely ventured into the land of the crazy. :nutter:

There's no need to fall into conspiracy theories and some strange grand narratives to see the motivation why people pirate. Because motives to pirate usually rests on some quite simple drivers.

People pirate certain products because pros are using the same things. Even if there's good free alternatives around people still feel the need to use the same things others use. People pirate certain products that are popular because they are actually good products. If your plugins are sh1t, no one will not only purchase them but they will not be pirated either.

Most of the pirating is pretty casual and for majority of people it would absolutely make no difference it they could not pirate the stuff they do simply because they just have no real need for it. Every kid with Waves Mercury and every other major plugin bundle installed on their computer is not some kind of moral degenerate and thieving ant-social monster. It's most likely that majority of that stuff that is pirated will rarely get any use at all. And if it would not be possible to pirate it nobody would care either.

I remember talking some Adobe regional leaders long time ago when Adobe was not yet the huge corporate monopoly it is today. And their attitude was pretty much that they do hate piracy, and they do go after the large companies using the pirated stuff, but they rather have people pirating their stuff than Macromedia's or Corel's. And like the research I posted here indicates, their dominance and monopoly status today in many markets are solely attributed to piracy. Photoshop is not popular not only because it is the best image editor but also because it is the most pirated one and lots of people have learned to use it through piracy when they were kids.
No signature here!

She Changed Her Mind wrote:
In other words: science does not have created, or brought, ANY realistic view in this world, whatever you say.
That's...erm...easy for you to say? I think.

The butler did it.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Here in "Piracy Mecca" Sweden it is not poor people who rabidly and vocally support Piracy (even going so far as to start political parties in it's favour) it is well-to-do middle class white people who either:
A) Live off their parents: and thus get everything for free, they buy into the illusion that life is a breeze and everything should be free for everybody right now (probably because it alleviates their subconscious guilt about being parasites).

B)Work for a living...in which case they undoubtedly expect to get paid at the end of the month, which is the height of hypocrisy because they value their own time but not the time of software developers/media providers.

People always have a choice to do the right thing. It's a question of standards. If there are people who live in the rainforests in total harmony with their surroundings then we can surely get by without something as trivial as illegal software/media. People who are truly poor worry about getting food on the table not about if they can spend hours torrenting the latest Hollywood blockbusters. #firstworldproblems.
Last edited by lotus2035 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

hit quote by mistake

Sendy wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:
Urs wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Sooooo... did anyone here who is concerned about the video contact the magazine?
It would be great if some more people did.
More advertisers would have to pull out and subscribers would have to cancel.
This. It needs to hit their bottom line. Emailing them to say "I lost respect for your publication" probably won't do much, even if hundreds of emails were sent. But does anyone even really need FM now we have the internet and forums like KVR and Gearsluts?

I actually think endorsing piracy like this is way worse morally than privately pirating and putzing about with the latest plugins. It's sending out a clear message - it's cool to pirate and paying is for chumps.

One could start grabbing FM for free (if you know what I mean). As an excuse, on could say that one had bought the magazine but couldn't find it right now...

But that wouldn't be nice of course. :lol:

samsam wrote:
In other words: science does not have created, or brought, ANY realistic view in this world, whatever you say.
I don't think so. Maybe for us. And that is exactly the illusion of it. To play God.. for a while.

samsam wrote:
I don't think so. Maybe for us. And that is exactly the illusion of it. To play God.. for a while.
Yes. That as well.
Also, djenga.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Who can really tell whether warezers are teenies or oldies, rich or poor, pro or amateurs, teasers or parasites, stupid or sly, idealists or criminals? And who cares anyway? I see one solution only:

We were talking about warez, yes. That's right.
Anyway, we can't consider us very intelligent yet. As a whole. As it comes to a coherent plan. Maybe it is about time to think what is really possible lol
Other than running around in circles for ages. Life is short. After all.

lotus2035 wrote:Here in "Piracy Mecca" Sweden it is not poor people who rabidly and vocally support Piracy (even going so far as to start political parties in it's favour) it is well-to-do middle class white people who either:
A) Live off their parents: and thus get everything for free, they buy into the illusion that life is a breeze and everything should be free for everybody right now (probably because it alleviates their subconscious guilt about being parasites).

B)Work for a living...in which case they undoubtedly expect to get paid at the end of the month, which is the height of hypocrisy because they value their own time but not the time of software developers/media providers.

People always have a choice to do the right thing. It's a question of standards. If there are people who live in the rainforests in total harmony with their surroundings then we can surely get by without something as trivial as illegal software/media. People who are truly poor worry about getting food on the table not about if they can spend hours torrenting the latest Hollywood blockbusters. #firstworldproblems.
I think it's unfair to call Sweden "Piracy Mecca". We just have a lot of exposure due to a certain website. Im not looking for getting into an argument but i do want to protest at the generalization since im a swede and i DONT use pirated software
Last edited by Crackbaby on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:hug:

oops
:hug:

Does anyone understand any of She Changed Her Mind's posts?
I dont.
I mean, no offense.
I re-read them.
Every one hits my brain like a version of "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"
ImageImageImageImage

notinterested wrote:The more things change, the more they stay the same ;)

Here's common sense 101 rolled up nice and neatly. If you steal software to create your own empire, then you are a twit. I'd like to repeat that. If you steal software to create your own empire, you are a twit. BUT, if you follow them and KNOW they are stealing and BUY their stuff/tickets/etc, then you are satan's bastard spawn and need at least one of your heads severed.....

Any questions?
:lol:

That was good...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”