Musikmesse 2015 - what do you think?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

....sorry guys, I'm totally underwhelmed. nothing interesting for my (sure subjective personal) Needs. things announced for new that have been announced already weeks before. no Software surprises. no Studio one 3 :cry: rant rant rant.....

The new rme babyface looks cool, Roland aira modular, jd-xi and xa are interesting, the akai midimix looks totally lame and a blatant copy of novation launch control xl. I'd love to check out the eve sc203's. Apollo are finally true thunderbolt interfaces, though I'm happy with my apollo duo, and hopefully will be for many years to come. Elka synthex is to make a comeback. Modal electronics 008 seems cool, but I'll never be able to afford it, and even if I could, I'd never be able to justify spending so much money. Also 002 rack and 001.

I've been secretly hoping that clavia will finally release a nord modular g3, but I suppose I should've stopped dreaming years ago.
Last edited by maschinelf on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nothing too appealing to me, either...and that's awesome for keeping my GAS in remission.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

maschinelf wrote: I've been secretly hoping that clavia will finally release a nord modular g3, but I suppose I should've stopped dreaming years ago.
I recall reading that the main people behind the nord modulars are gone... so...

Still waiting for Bitwig 1.2 (free, strait after show)
Still waiting for Overbridge (free! Was hoping for it to drop at the show but now May!)
Still waiting for Omnisphere 2....purchase!

Those 3 will keep me buys for quite some time...and not much outlay!

Enjoyed watching NI squirm and make promises to make Komplete Kontrol boards better and throw in free stuff- overpriced underwhelming and miles behind Nektar Panarama stuff....

Roland look like they are back to doing good work.

Boss SY synth pedal looks like fun- but its amazing how close to that sort of stuff you can get with low latency driver and VST's like Shimmer, The Drop etc- still, twinge of gear lust ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yea I read that too .. Wonder if any of them joined another soft/hardware synth developer.
Last edited by maschinelf on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some good looking stuff, but im not buying. If i was, half of it is out of my range anyway. Good news for musicians tho, lots of new stuff to get the creative juices flowing.

"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

TrekStar wrote:....sorry guys, I'm totally underwhelmed. nothing interesting for my (sure subjective personal) Needs. things announced for new that have been announced already weeks before. no Software surprises. no Studio one 3 :cry: rant rant rant.....
But hey, they trolled us again with "big announcement" that is something only about 7 people are going to buy ;)

I've grown to really dislike these shows. Not because my unnecessary needs not being met, but because of what you say.

@RME babyface pro: I can't afford the original. I most certainly can't afford that version :lol:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”