Sold all my analog synths- Insane or Freedom Fighter?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

Sold all my analog synths -Insane or Freedom Fighter

Yes you are insane. You just sold your best sounding synths. How could you? Are you already medicated?
17%
Yes you are a Freedom Fighter, this will show them analog freaks right in their face.
28%
Yes you are insane but for other reasons
10%
WTF??? What kind of attention horing, flame baiting and utterly useless question is this? You should be banned and that is all there is to it.
23%
Eh?
22%

Total votes: 60

RELATED
PRODUCTS

After many years where my studio have been restricted to a small, claustrophobic and hot room at the attic, the Shield maiden finally permitted me to move to my office on the groundfloor. This on the condition that I did not take up more space than she prescribed. So I had to reduce my humble studio to the core.

I started with this:
EMU MP7
KORG EX800
DSI Mopho Desktop Module
ROLAND alpha Juno 1 with PG300 controller
ROLAND Juno 106
ROLAND JP8000
ROLAND JD-Xi (recently bought)

I ended up with this:
EMU MP7
ROLAND JD-Xi
ROLAND JP8000

Thus I sold nearly all my analog synths (fairly cheaply). Only one remaining is the sweet little hick-up for an analog synth in my JD-Xi. My question is: Am I insane/an idiot/ a criminal and should be subject to medical treatment/special education/punishment or am I a Freedom Fighter that should be praised? Shall I feel guilty or proud? Neither? I am so confused, plz help.

Answer the poll if nothing else and help me get some direction in my life.

Thanks in advance.

You sold the JP8000 and it isn't even analogue.

Imagine us all mocking you now.

I've been doing the total opposite. I just added an Analog Rtym, an Octatrack and a line mixer to my setup. No idea where I'm gonna put them ... not worrying about tho'. ;)

tehlord wrote:You sold the JP8000 and it isn't even analogue.

No I did not :?: That and the JD-Xi was the ones I kept.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You could have stored the Mopho under your chair....
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

IncarnateX wrote:
tehlord wrote:You sold the JP8000 and it isn't even analogue.

No I did not :?: That and the JD-Xi was the ones I kept.

Ooohhhhhh

Feel free to mock my stupidity

Michael L wrote:You could have stored the Mopho under your chair....
"She" would have found it :(

thecontrolcentre wrote:I've been doing the total opposite. I just added an Analog Rtym, an Octatrack and a line mixer to my setup. No idea where I'm gonna put them ... not worrying about tho'. ;)
I get the point but that set up would have been my doom and I would soon find myself at the attic again. A line mixer is part of my set up; a Xenyx QX1204usb with internal compressors and an effect processor that help save some space.

well... since you phrased it in such a way ... I'd have to conclude that you're a (pussy-whipped) idiot.

chose 2 'cause it made me laugh

you really have lost nothing of any consequence, and wouldn't have even if you'd sold the lot. forge ahead, make music

Forsooth, tell us the tale of the Shield Maiden, on whose fair behalf thou'st made such a noble sacrifice...
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

AYYYYYeeeee! The Juno 106...ouch

Michael L wrote:Forsooth, tell us the tale of the Shield Maiden, on whose fair behalf thou'st made such a noble sacrifice...
Oh her smile is like a thousand suns, her body like a river of dreams and under these weapons I am forced to my knees and made a slave of her will. Besides she will slice me with her sword should I disobey.

You probably could ditch the 8000 and the MP7 while you're at it. Both are easily replaced with software your maiden would never see and perhaps such a move would move her to let you de-madien-ify her. Hell, for an extra digit in the rear you could get rid of the Xi as well. Show her how manly you are by making all your music with a good MIDI controller and Maschine. You can even fool her by buying a MIDI controller that has a bit o' analog in it, like a Prophet 08 or something. (6 if you've got the budget) Then, maybe she'll let you remove the duct tape from your tucked manhood.

I kid, but I too live in contemplation of a similar thing happening to me. We're comfortably living in a rental where I get a third of a bedroom for my studio, but the plan is to wait until the housing market comes down a bit and then buy something. That something may, or may not, have a space for my studio, at least in its current form. I already have a bit of a plan for that eventuality. I'll sell everything except for my Prophet 12 (which makes a great master MIDI controller) and with the proceeds buy one very good mono synth module. Oh, and I'll probably keep Maschine because I could't get much for it and it feels great to bang on. It doesn't really make me sad though, as I've been nearly 100% ITB before and frankly it's fine.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”