Famous songs/albums that were made with X synth(s)?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sfd wrote:Erasure's first LP "Wondelrand" doesn't sound Casio at all. IMO it's the most Roland-ish souidning album of the 80's.
Some of the analog Casio's had a very Roland sound - MT400V in particular.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Al those modern acts that I've never heard of - makes me feel really old...

Prince - little red corvette .
The reason I still couldn't let go of my oberheim ob 8

Lamb - Fear Of Fours : Andy used JoMoX SunSyn :wink:, Clavia Nord Lead 1 & 2 and EDP Wasp.

Thin Lizzy - Angel of Death

OBX synth

Darren Wharton: ''I had this weird riff on my OBX synth, which sounded like a whale call. Phil really liked it and it ended up being the intro to 'Angel of Death' and I opened the whole Renegade tour with that riff.''

http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/en/interviews/view/id/1194

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGtJ8WR5Shc

I've been looking around the web to find info' on what synths were used in Thin Lizzy's latter years. This is all I've been able to come up with so far. If anyone has more info' I'm eager to hear it. :)

Probably of no interest to anyone at KvR but me but there ya go. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Depeche Mode - Violator : ARP2600, EMS VCS3, Moog Minimoog and Oberheim OB-8.

e@rs wrote:Depeche Mode - Violator : ARP2600, EMS VCS3, Moog Minimoog and Oberheim OB-8.
Where did you got that from?

The only synthts I've seen being mentioned for this record (apart form samplers) are the ARP 26000, a MIDI moog, KORG M1

From here.

e@rs wrote:From here.
Interesting. What Aalan Wilder says about that can be read in this A+Q

^Will check it. Thanx.

What pen did Frank Herbert write Dune with?
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:What pen did Frank Herbert write Dune with?
+1 :tu:

e@rs wrote:Underworld - Dubnobass... / Second Toughest... : OSCar, ARP2600, Yamaha DX7.
Indeed.
Additionally I'll copy from one of Jon Hodgson's posts at Gearslutz:

Other stuff started to get used in subsequent for bass from Nord (King Of Snake & Jumbo) to Waldorf Pulse (Juanita), and Voyager (Mo Move) although the DX is still used for things like Kittens.

Dubnobass was done on a tiny budget but due to its success there was more gear introduced on subsequent albums.

Rick still uses the DX and is a bit of a master on it apparantly. On Dubnobass it's what's used for the jewsharp sound on Cowgirl. On Secondtoughest you'll hear it used for chords on Confusion The Waitress and Stagger. On Beaucoup Fish you'll hear it play the three note line on Jumbo.

The Nord started to creep in for Secoundtoughest. Aside from various bass duties, you can hear it really clearly on the Pearls Girl intro.

As an amusing aside, here's an example of people guessing a synth, even though the actual artist (Paul Hartnoll from Orbital) told it directly to them a few posts above!

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... sound.html

Notably, Paul Hartnoll's use of the soft synth Massive in the track ''Never'' got a fair few alternative hardware suggestions, not least because the Orbital boys are known for their live concert hardware rig (which they've now scaled back a bit).

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”