Isao Tomita Has Died At The Age Of 84

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just read it.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/ ... age-of-84/

Very sad news... R.I.P... :(

Just seen it too:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/201 ... y99YmOqzxt

A good innings I guess but very sad. RIP.

:(
Boo!

Killed by 2016?

David Bowie
Prince
Lemmy
Etc ...
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Yeah. This year sucks. And we're not even halfway into it... ;(

RIP

One of the first electronic musicians to influence me... my brother still talks with reference and nostalgia about hearing his albums for the first time.

A very sad year so far... but what a legacy all these amazing musicians have left. I'm more and more thankful that I was lucky enough to have experienced these artists from their beginnings.

Paying my respect to the man that had a great influence on me too.
Amazing sound designer and producer. His rendition of The Planets will forever be remembered here no less due to the crazy alien vocal sounds, which I was totally fascinated by as a youngster, rewinding the cassette to listen to them on a loop...

One of the main pioneers of electronic music for me.
RIP.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

I didn't know of him in a "conscious" way... for this I just listen to too much music, watched a lot of TV shows and movies in recent years. So therefore, a lot of content does fly by you.

But on quick Google search, I sure was surprised to see a couple of Anime and J-Drama movies he was involved with that I saw, yet never realized who made the OST (Jungle Taitei - Kimba the White Lion, and Black Jack from 2005 comes to mind).

Still... he was 84, he lived his life. Though organ failure is just as worse.

Aloysius wrote:Killed by 2016?

David Bowie
Prince
Lemmy
Etc ...
Again, he lived his life, so he wasn't "killed" or "taken" per se.

Also, Lemmy died 2015. And not on that list are many(!) country musicians, another synth virtuoso, a couple of other guitarists, René Angélil (husband and manager of Celine Dion, died of cancer aged 73). Heck, even Roger Cicero (died of cerebral infarction end of March) - and he was also merely 45 years old. Yet nobody mentioned him in Everything Else (Music related) either.

Just a minor thing that bothers me recently.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

You're right of course, Lemmy was killed by Death on December 28, 2015. That's a million miles away from 2016 in fairness.

The "death" was cancer - and I hate that word
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

RIP
yeah 2016 has been a tough year for loss of this kind, 2015 wasn't real good either and 2017 and beyond most likely won't be any better. I'm still glad we have these threads to show our respects.

Maybe it is time to change the title of the forum from (Music related) to (Burial related), it's becoming like a mausoleum, I get depressed reading all the RIP threads :scared:

RIP :(
No signature here!

kelvyn wrote:One of the first electronic musicians to influence me... my brother still talks with reference and nostalgia about hearing his albums for the first time.
Same here. My dad's 8-tracks of Tomita are what got me started on this, and I expect influenced my view of the world overall in terms of technology's place in society.

RIP. :(

Compyfox wrote:The "death" was cancer - and I hate that word
Thanks for nitpicking.

Which word do you hate? Is it death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, or cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer?

:hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”