How do you think brexit affects to music gear prices?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guess prices will go up, if you want to order like from Germany to Britain for example.

But what if I ordered from Britain to Finland? Will the prices go up or down? Finland is a real bitch if you want to order something outside eu.. You have to add 24% VAT to everything plus crapload of different tariffs and other expences..

Unless you really think this can be kept unpolitical, which i don't think it can be, HPC is the place for such topics. Not meant personally, it's just that i, and probably many other users, have HPC removed from my forums, and i like to keep my sidebar clean, and drama free.

Lejurai wrote:Guess prices will go up, if you want to order like from Germany to Britain for example.

But what if I ordered from Britain to Finland? Will the prices go up or down? Finland is a real bitch if you want to order something outside eu.. You have to add 24% VAT to everything plus crapload of different tariffs and other expences..
Nothing will change - prices will still depend on exchange rates. The pound will plunge, but in time will climb, once things have settled down a bit. Things British will be cheaper for a while. In Britain imports will be dearer. Same old same old.

The Earth spins on its axis.
One man struggles, another relaxes.

It depends where you are... And no one has a crystal ball. We'll see...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

chk071 wrote:Unless you really think this can be kept unpolitical, which i don't think it can be, HPC is the place for such topics. Not meant personally, it's just that i, and probably many other users, have HPC removed from my forums, and i like to keep my sidebar clean, and drama free.
I want to believe goodness in people and that people would be mature enough to keep the conversation in prices, not politics :tu:

And I'm interested about this topic since usually music gear costs more in here (Fin) than in rest of europe.

Earlier today I checked and the GBP had dropped around 9% against the USD. In FXpansion website I also checked and if I choose to pay with GBP I would save about 9% compared to buying in USD. So for now it seems that UK based sites did not adjust the prices. And due to the exchange rate it will be a hit to all living in UK, buying plugs from other countries. Having said that, I do believe it is temporary. Uncertainty always create echonomic chaos.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

The Brexit vote is not happening in a vacuum. I feel its a beginning to an era of pushback from globalization. As such I think exchange rates are about to take a serious roller coaster ride. And I don't think that ride is going to end soon. I hope some of the smaller devs find a way to stay afloat when things take a down turn for them on their home turf.

I'm not so sure the pricing of gear will change much in the short term. But I am interested to see if mergers and consolidation become even more common to help weather whatever happens next.

We're all doomed ...

USD is skyrocketing. Or should I say "it's high"?

Too bad the products I consider buying in near future are US :dog:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

The pound is fast going down as a lead zepplin, so Britains music stores can be plundered for gear which suddenly has got a lot cheaper for dollar and euro holdes.

DJ Warmonger wrote:USD is skyrocketing. Or should I say "it's high"?

Too bad the products I consider buying in near future are US :dog:
Thought the same :P

Numanoid wrote:The pound is fast going down as a lead zepplin, so Britains music stores can be plundered for gear which suddenly has got a lot cheaper for dollar and euro holdes.
Don't believe it will be too long before it comes back up again though.
Just got to ride out the next few days of volatility...

This graph is quite indicative of the trend since 2004 of the fall of GBP against USD.
And the current figure sits around the same level as at the end of February this year.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=gbpu ... ng%22:true}

More to the point, the BoE and various leading businesses are now putting in their plans to ensure stability.

Therefore, don't believe the hype.

dark water wrote:Therefore, don't believe the hype.
But a weaker pound is beneficial for export, and not import. Which means both foreigners and Britons will get more inclined to buying British goods.

So I wonder why the BoE want to bring the level of the pound up again.
Last edited by Numanoid on Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, good point Numanoid.
Bit of a balancing act.
Either way, I can't see the pound being too badly hit after the next couple of weeks.

So in response to Lejurai's thread, it might be better buying some of those plugins within the next few days!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”