New Metallica: 'Hardwired'

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:Well, that sounds like a free ticket to pirate anything.
No it aint, but when in a glasshouse, don't throw stones

Recording some tapes for a few friends is hardly the same ballpark than making MP3's accessible for thousands, if not millions of other users. It's ashaming that an artist has to apologize for suing pirates.

Metallica got like 2 million listens for this new track now on youtube, and how many of those listen have been paid for :?:

That makes all that ol'Napster beef come across like a storm in waterglass :wink:

Lars Ulrich came to understand he couldn't change the future, so decided to roll with the punches instead. Wise choice

Kind of reminds me of " Battery " sounds good to me ... Lyrics are fine . Drum sound ? yeah the cymbals are slamming but I'm not exactly got headphones on either . Korn went back to there old sound too ... I'm really glad back to real instruments and band played stuff , raw and aggressive sounds .... Rock radio has been B.S. they last 5-10 years imho maybe more ...I think it went to crap right before Dimebag Darrel got capped imho. ... Glad to see it's back ...

Mushy Mushy wrote:Do you think money protects against the environment, terrorism, Trump?
I prefer the lyrics of Judas Priest in that regard

Planets devastated, Mankind's on its knees, A saviour comes from out the skies, In answer to their pleas

Through boiling clouds of thunder, Blasting bolts of steel, Evils going under deadly wheels

Sounds pretty much like "GBH" :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAqeA5Hc0K4
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

I listened to this on some crappy speakers the first time and it wasn't bad. On second listen, they totally St. Anger'd the kick. :/

Lars Ulrich ... cretinous turd, deserves to be deafened by an exploding buttplug.

It's old school metal. Good on them.

And who cares about the f**king lyrics? As if anything they (or anyone else for that matter) say in their music is going to make any f**king difference to anything that's happening in this world. But of course, if the resident armchair critics think otherwise, please do use your armchair critic powers to bring about world peace.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

I was honestly positively surprised, mainly by the song not being 6+ minutes long. I think it's a positive sign that Metallica are going the not-ridiculously-overproduced route.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

spaceman wrote:And who cares about the f**king lyrics?
+1 Would be much better if they just grunted :hihi:

Live. Incredibly solid for a first performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZan1NsiAYs
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

This version sounds better IMO, quite unusual for live recordings.

It's a pity Hammett hasn't played a decent solo for 20 years now.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Love simple thrash, looking forward to the album.

@spaceman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDGI-jxt6Lg He just doesn't care haha.

I bet Joe wrote/influenced the early stuff significantly. There are probably hand written tabs (by Joe) around for the Fade to Black intro solo :P
I play guitar

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”