Fugly is as Fugly does

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ghettosynth wrote:Yeah, I see the troll thread about Waves got locked, but we can still talk about fugly plugins, right?

To be a contender it has to be released in the last five years, because, well, old stuff is all fugly, everybody knows that. At any rate, here's my entry for fugliest plugin, yeah, right from the Waves thread, my god, who thought this was a good idea?

Technically it's a lovely GUI and very well rendered. However, for a utilitarian plugin it's a very poor design choice.

Maybe for a video game...
Last edited by Robmobius on Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

sazb30 wrote:Great plugin, but fugly as fug!

Good Christ! I feel like someone has literally stamped lego bricks into my eyes.

I'll never be able to un-see that obscenity.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=brainwor ... flCi7lM%3A

I'm not mad on this older GUIs from Brainworx.

That said, I LOVE their plugins.
Last edited by Robmobius on Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alright, I think that I'm breaking my own rules here, because I know that this has been out for a long time, but, alien insect, or ribbed pleasure machine?

Looks like a frog, a square orange and a weird insect.
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

I actually like Toxic Biohazard's GUI as retro and biomechanical as it is. :)

What I don't like, are the strange artifacts and jags that appear along the silver bars of the interface. I know they are supposed to be reflections but they are badly done.

Izotope, Izotope, Izotope. Please, I'm f'ing begging you, to fire whoever designed this fugly monstrosity (and Ozone 5) and give it the Ozone 7 treatment ASAP. Better yet, look at the Flux metering system to see how it should be done. I so want to use Insight, but I can't stomach looking at it, and that's generally not considered a good thing for a product whose sole purpose is visual feedback.

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

One of the best sounding synths released lately unfortunately deserves a mention here

You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

cryophonik wrote:Izotope, Izotope, Izotope. Please, I'm f'ing begging you, to fire whoever designed this fugly monstrosity (and Ozone 5) and give it the Ozone 7 treatment ASAP. Better yet, look at the Flux metering system to see how it should be done. I so want to use Insight, but I can't stomach looking at it, and that's generally not considered a good thing for a product whose sole purpose is visual feedback.
Yeah, insight is pretty much my second least liked iZotope plugin interface, although I like the tool. I think that DDLY takes the cake for the ugliest iZotope plugin though, they should stick to really functional interfaces and stop trying to be retro clever, they suck at it.

recursive one wrote:One of the best sounding synths released lately unfortunately deserves a mention here

Yeah, my first thought when I saw it was that it looks dated. It doesn't give off that "I'm new" vibe.

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

you'll either enjoy or tire of this story depending on your preconceptions about the author, so read ahead as you please, that's how i write 'em :)

a decade ago, a young fellow at work was setting up their home studio with their mates for hiphop, just bought a new mic, would i come over and help set up.

some version of fruity loops. not a DAW i've used personally.

to make this really fun, no one had any weed, but i had a small bag of salvia divinorum. aah, it's great being me. none can handle.

so after turning the cosmos inside out, we opens up teh fruity loops and we're attempting to navigate around.

i kid you not. this version of FL had some kind of pretty graphic nodule for drums. we're trying to find where to trigger the vst, and finally, as if sensing our intent, this pretty hideous graphic monstrosity... it grew a yellow keyboard out of the side.

like, sproiing, several frames of animation, there's this little 2 octave keyboard graphic just sticking out of the side of the other thing. like an unsolicited drum machine boner.

it doesn't matter how much salvia divinorum one partakes of, it would never match the dementia of the designer. why didn't i think of that? need to trigger a vst? let's have an animate yellow keyboard grow out the side of things.

no wonder these kids were bloody clueless. i don't really see it as a distended practice of design grown wild so much as intentional dysfunction. a DAW shouldn't hurt your brain. but now, you can blame it on me and salvia divinorum instead of fruity loops, if you like :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Another Toxic Biohazard fan here. I find the GUI to be very well laid out and programming it feels like flying an alien spaceship. As far as ugly, IMO some of the Glitchmachines plugins are pretty hideous.
There's just so many knobs...

Zexila wrote:Image
LOL! Yes! I purchased this and by mistake purchased the wrong GUI. It was so bad I purchased the cheaper Modern GUI version. The dev refunded the charge for the second version though. I still paid more than I should, but it's all good. My god that's so bad I couldn't even look at it for a minute.

Zexila wrote:Image
Time to renew my request for KVR to add a puke emoji. Get on it, Ben!!! :x
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”