Favourite magazines for tips and reviews

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is everyone's go to blogs or magazines for music production tips and product reviews? Include foreign language publications / magazines, with the help of online translation, we can sort of read an article, yes I use google translate and it does throw up some odd things at times but i can usually make sense of the article and get some great tips.

Personally, I like the reviews from MusicTech (English) and AudioFanzine (French) and the tips from Computer Music (English).

KVR? :hihi: Really, if the product is not mentioned here, then it isn't too important. For tips, i like Computer Music too, or Sound on Sound.

Sound on Sound is very good for reviews.

Other good online resources:

Bedroom Producer blog: http://bedroomproducersblog.com/

Soundbytes mag: http://soundbytesmag.net/

Mix

Winstontaneous wrote:Tape Op!
+1

Electronic Musician is another good one and not leveled at n00bs like Computer Music.

As mentioned above Sound on Sound is excellent and all mags older than 6 months can be red for free online.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Winstontaneous wrote:Tape Op!
+1

If you're in the U.S., they'll send you the print copy for free. Perfect bathroom reading material.

Why not just use an ipad instead of wasting the paper? :hihi:

Wait, I just set myself up........

incubus wrote:Why not just use an ipad instead of wasting the paper? :hihi:

Wait, I just set myself up........
I'm going to leave that, but, because I still like reading magazines and books sometimes.

Me too, but another funny fail.

Oh well,

@topic: I don't care much for mags anymore. They seem to be more about nonsense than help (especially those that do reviews) but then again, they are better than "yo, what's up, it's your boi" and a bunch of silly nonsense that has nothing to do with what people tune in for.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”