The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread (HaRd MoDe 2017)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KVR's soul purpose is gas.

It does have a secondary purpose though: lame parody threads.

I don't think there is anything lame about this thread. Though myself and others are EPIC failure, it has a place in a major way.

incubus wrote:I don't think there is anything lame about this thread. Though myself and others are EPIC failure, it has a place in a major way.

:) :hihi: :D :help:
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Chapelle wrote:Emergency! :help:

Participant Greenstorm33 seems to be in trouble:
viewtopic.php?p=6687425#p6687425
viewtopic.php?p=6768454#p6768454
viewtopic.php?p=6775815#p6775815
viewtopic.php?p=6781553#p6781553

Is there anything we can do to help him? I'm afraid we might have lost him to the GAS. :cry:
:o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Time to edit the front page

foosnark wrote:It does have a secondary purpose though: lame parody threads.
I've started my fair share of parody threads (both excellent and lame), but this ain't one of them.

So I was ondering weather upgrading my copy of Replika to Replika XT would count as buying a new plugin or just keeping the same plugin, only with updated feature set? I'd say it's the latter, so I am safe to upgrade, right? :hihi:
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:So I was ondering weather upgrading my copy of Replika to Replika XT would count as buying a new plugin or just keeping the same plugin, only with updated feature set? I'd say it's the latter, so I am safe to upgrade, right? :hihi:
By that logic, I could "buy"...erm, I mean, upgrade Reaktor 5 to 6, and Omnisphere to Omnisphere 2.

Considering that I have been saving my wildcard in the hope of NI slashing the prices of R6 upgrades at xmas, I think you know what my answer is :P

But don't let a stupid challenge keep you from doing what you need to do :shrug:

In other news: We have passed the half-way point :party: :party:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:In other news: We have passed the half-way point :party: :party:
But the hardest part is still coming. The summer sales, the back to school sales, the Black Friday and the Christmas. :hihi:
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:In other news: We have passed the half-way point :party: :party:
But the hardest part is still coming. The summer sales, the back to school sales, the Black Friday and the Christmas. :hihi:
Indeed! :D

I'm counting on BlackFriday offering up at least something that will cause me to gamble on whether NI will indeed offer the R6 upgrade for €50 in December.

I can't even call it, as I don't have much in my current 'need' list, and something that I had never even considered e.g last year's Noveltech 'Character' at $9 (One of my best purchases) could easily show up and turn everything on it's head.

The plus side is that even at €100, the R6 upgrade represents great value. It also depends on where I am at, money-wise- by then

I've been a bit curious about Jamstix, but after reading a bit about it, decided against, due to something called a 'learning curve.' Last thing I need right now is anything with such an impediment. :hihi:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:I've been a bit curious about Jamstix, but after reading a bit about it, decided against, due to something called a 'learning curve.' Last thing I need right now is anything with such an impediment. :hihi:
Learning curve? :lol: :lol: Surely that's the devil's work? :evil: (That, and reading manuals, of course)

Interesting the things you find in the feedback thread. Makes me all the more impressed how you guys are doing in this challenge!

Keep up the good work :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Interesting the things you find in the feedback thread. Makes me all the more impressed how you guys are doing in this challenge!
Keep up the good work :tu:
If you saw that Feedback I left a while back let me explain, because it was actually quite impressive. He sent me a PM because he had uncontrollable GAS for housewares (!) I thought it was a bit kinky and told him to visit the Home & Garden blog. But he felt more safe “coming out” here at KVR with his fetish. I was impressed! We have a very accepting community! Because I happened to have an old set of Moka stovetop coffee makers I bought in Italy, I sold them. He was as happy as if I gave him my Minimoog! So don’t take my Feedback the wrong way-- ghettosynth just happens to get a boner from vintage housewares. It may be tough in his 'hood being a Houseware Homie but it's great that he feels safe doing it here. And like Trump, his failure can be his success: I'll bet he makes a mean mocha! (And most important, housewares don't count in HaRd Mode!)
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”