The promise I will buy more gear-thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Haven't bought anything in a couple months, but Guitar Center got me with the Daily Special yesterday, a Tech 21 Bass Boost Fuzz FX pedal. I'd been thinking about swapping out my old Bass Station Rack for a newer analog mono synth because it's just been sounding dated and generic lately. When I saw this peddle, I thought it might be just the thing to get some new sounds out of the Bass Station. It works for a bass guitar. Why not a bass synth? :phones:

I solved my lack of matrixbrute issue and bought several boutique guitar pedals as well.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Bought Sonic Academy Kick 2 upgrade.

Nothing, and there isn't going to be anything. After being singled out and not being able to post here w/o bullying, it's easy not to have gas anymore :shrug:

Yup. At Knobcon. Expo halls haven't opened yet and already I want certain specific modules that I know are available, and a list of things to check out and a couple of needs to fulfill.

Saw my first live synth performances last night -- sort of. I mean, I've seen EBM/industrial shows at bigger clubs, where they basically play stuff off their albums. But nothing where I could stand in touching distance of the performer's rigs, which include lots of old and new synths, Eurorack and 5U modulars etc. and have them play nonstop 2-hour sets that go from drone to ambient to something funky to something in the techno family. Definitely no email checking going on here, nor DJs striking poses... but a mix of constant "gardening" and keyboard playing. I feel like I learned a lot just watching.

And now I want a Sub 37 and several Volcas. :-o It would not surprise me if I went home from this thing not just with a couple of Eurorack modules and a t-shirt or two, but a small non-modular synth of some sort... maybe two if they're small enough :help:

Received my E352 that I preordered. Bought a store-demo Intellijel uFold II and a "blemished" (barely!) Cursus Iteritas. Cured of GAS for several things, but now have GAS for the upcoming Rabid Elephant Natural Gate, and VCV which is free anyway aside from expansion modules.

The Reface DX actually tempted me a little, though.

werp wrote:I solved my lack of matrixbrute issue and bought several boutique guitar pedals as well.
can you make some nice psytrance type burps and farts on it and post them please?

wickfut wrote:can you make some nice psytrance type burps and farts on it and post them please?
So a teeny weeny bit jealous then :P

Numanoid wrote:
wickfut wrote:can you make some nice psytrance type burps and farts on it and post them please?
So a teeny weeny bit jealous then :P
I like what I've seen so far , still not heard anything which strays too far away from the regular arpeggiator/bass/moog leads though

Saw musicians friend had the tr-08 in stock, I placed an order, waiting impatiently for it to process and ship. Thought I was done with buying software until SpecOps comes out but then TRacks 5 appeared with a nice album construction workflow so I'm pre-ordering that next week.

Picked up miniSyn'X at XILS, it is still at intro price €45.

I like a synth I can get my head around, it is not very complicated, delivers an OK sound. This is now my third XILS synth, and I hope that will lead to me getting more coupons in the future.

Can't complain about GUI sizes, it has two, one medium, and one ultra huge, so this plug is future proofed in that regard for at least five years I believe :D

Didn't update this earlier, but I have done a bunch of sales/purchases/trades of Euro stuff.

Out: FM Aid, Grendel Formant Filter, Klavis Twin Waves
In: Dave Jones O'Tool Plus, Doepfer A-102 (Steiner) diode VCF

Out: Noise Engineering Cursus Iteritas
In next week: Mannequins Mangrove

In as soon as the FedEx truck shows up: Make Noise Contour, Dynamix & Function
Out once those are installed: Befaco Rampage, TipTop uZeus w/3A power brick

In when it's released: Rabid Elephant Natural Gate
Out once I get that: Sputnik Quad VCF/VCA

Maybe soon: Yamaha Reface CS (I have to figure out if my DJ stand will let me do a little vertical stacking to make space, and if not, I might actually sell my Microbrute to make space)

This week AIR FX Collection and UA Dent 2, lots of fun :)

My U-He Synth Bundle arrived today. Still can't believe I got 'em all now. If only they would release Repro-5 and Zebra 2.8 faster... :hyper: :hyper:

Got me new Variax geetar a couple of weeks ago. Very pleased with it so far - apart from the bastard battery life. :x I bought it on the premise that our works bonus payment was going to be paid at the end of October. Naturally that was f**ked up by some technical glitch with the new payroll/HR system. :cry: November may be a quiet month....

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”