How does you're music sound in the morning?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone else notice that you're music sounds the worst first thing in the morning? I have had a couple of my songs sounds bad even though they are decent. It's like not being able to feel the rhythm or another morning an instrument might seem out of place. Get a cup of coffee and it's back to sounding the way I expect it to.

I have no doubt that our own music sounds better to us then others. We had heard the track so many times. We know all the pieces that make up the song, others do not. Having a rhythm in mind doesn't mean others are feeling it.

So is this morning oddity a lazy brain or a truth of how my music sounds by others? I haven't shared my music yet and while do think we think our music sounds better personally then it does to others, I believe it's just my brain not being ready for it. Maybe I am in denial.

Are you married?

Being told "I am music" would sound a bit odd at any time of day.

Nobody has ever called me music at any time of the day or night.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Well, fresh ears is all that matters IMO, that's how anyone else will hear your music for the first time, so yeah, what you hear first thing in the morning is what you got/big picture, everything else is just you getting used to it and getting more into details that derail you from big picture. blurring it more and more.

That's how I evaluate my every idea and getting pleasantly surprised more and more as time goes by with things I did and have on stand by, also test that same stuff on other people too, so only bother with stuff that really got potential and pass the test of time.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

In the morning I'm a zombie. I am starting to become music after sunset.

Vereh sexeh (when I'm still drunk).

I think that it's a 4th dimension thing. A little traveling there gives your ears a break. When you return to your music (or any music) you'll hear it with refreshed ears. That's when you hear the reality of your music/mix, for better or worse.

AnalogGuy1 wrote:Being told "I am music" would sound a bit odd at any time of day.
:hihi:

To explain the joke, "you're" is a contraction that means "you are." The grammatically correct form is the possessive form "your." Similarly, "it's" is the contraction of "it is" and "its" is the possessive "of it" (like "Pat's"). Misusing these rarely impedes understanding, but always makes you look ignorant. This message is brought to you by your friendly (net) neighborhood grammar nazi bro. :hug:
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

And to answer the OP -- I dunno, but I lean somewhat towards the latter explanation, but in a good way. Almost by definition as KVRtists we tend to write esoteric music (it's in the fine print in the sign-up form), which tends to be less catchy than mainstream music. Actually that may be what keeps it from being non-mainstream music. Anyway, KVR tends to focus on experimentation and expression of our selves and our creative visions. (And precious gear!) There's a Music Cafe area, but it's more vanity press than writer's workshop, alas.

Hunh, a writer's workshop analog... that'd be a good idea, actually. Instead of mocking (everybody else's tastes in) Minimoog emulations we could try to help each other achieve artistic and commercial success. We could get a moderator or two to babysit things, maybe sponsor some artists to sit in? Copyright issues would need to be ironed out, but a few waivers would handle it. I have no idea about the logistics, but I'm sure there are all sorts of ways to reward people for their time and opinions if we don't mind allowing record labels and gear companies to have some limited involvement.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Aloysius wrote:Nobody has ever called me music at any time of the day or night.
So wait... You're not Barry Manilow?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKV0kTLPWBw

Really disappointed.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Like The Sex Pistols used to say, ''we never fail to disappoint''.

Someone actually did call me 'the music man' once but that's not quite the same thing.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

country guitarist says:

when i first listen to my music in the very early morning when i get up it sounds old and full of rough spots but then i look at the girl i brought home from the bar last night and it sounds young and perfect so i dunno....

I generally only do music in the morning, I get up and do music at 5am... so yeah, it sounds normal.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”