Insane value for money -software

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MuLab Plugin

ghettosynth wrote:does Omnisphere qualify as "insane value"
Yes! Finally you understand. Also qualifying are Alchemy, some inexpensive orchestra ensembles (Versilian with e.g. 9 Cello articulations), and other sample-based instruments with sounds from inaccessible places like caves with musical stalactites (Omnisphere) that are impossible for most mortals to visit
yellowmix wrote:These are "insane" value
This is far more interesting "insanity" that includes Mangle, Iris and Inear Display, but not Fathom.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Vortifex wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:This thread is just going to be another dumb list of everybody's favorites. I already see things that I wouldn't even come close to classifying as "insane value for the money." You really have to be able to quantify value here and I think that's largely in the eye of the beholder.
It wouldn't be complete without you posting to say it's another one of those threads, Ghettosynth :)

In terms of sheer value for money I'd have to say FL Studio, considering what it contains and what it can allow me to do.

But when it comes to individual plugins it's hard for me to think of something that beats Klanghelm's MJUC compressor in terms of quality/price ratio. You can use it on just about anything, it's cheap and sounds great.
FL Studio is an excellent example. I agree, with all of the crazy updates throughout the years, it has been one of the best purchases I've ever made.

wickfut wrote:
yellowmix wrote:+1 for Fathom Synth. Got it for $11 at intro and it's grown a lot since then, with the developer taking input directly from KVR members including myself. Discount for KVR members on its KVR page here: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/fathom ... weed-audio
I really don't understand the love for this synth. It's cpu heavy and nearly every sound out of it has this "samey" type sound. It's like no matter what you adjust you end up with with a slight variation of a saw wave, some noise and a filter. Even the presets highlight this when scanning through them.

Each to their own I guess.
U R doing it wrong ;)

Distorted Horizon wrote: U R doing it wrong ;)
show me and post a demo, I would like to hear it at its best before I uninstall and forget about it forever.

Reaktor is the ultimate insane deal.
Its value cannot even be calculated, as it increases with each passing day.
ImageImageImageImage

Michael L wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:does Omnisphere qualify as "insane value"
Yes! Finally you understand.
LOL!
Also qualifying are Alchemy
Nonsense. You an't even buy it without buying Logic, so you contradict yourself as you've rejected Logic as insane value.

I'd also point out that logic is not really Insane value for money, because you have to buy a overpriced Mac first. (i'm a mac user and tbh as much as I love them, I do find them a bit overpriced)
:borg:

ghettosynth wrote:Nonsense. You can't even buy [Alchemy] without buying Logic, so you contradict yourself as you've rejected Logic as insane value.
You are illogical!
I still use only Alchemy 1.5 (which is insane), because I still learn so much from disassembling those classic presets (which is another form of insanity), so all my statements are valuable! :D
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

wickfut wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote: U R doing it wrong ;)
show me and post a demo, I would like to hear it at its best before I uninstall and forget about it forever.
Place nothing but a Basic Waveform in the editor. Set the Oscillator Waveform to Sine.

Go to the AM FM panel. Set Synthesis to FM. Set Ratio Multiply to around 7, doesn't have to be perfect.

Add a modulator to the Amount, choose Envelope.

In the Envelope view, set Trigger to Note, and Grid Units to seconds. Edit the envelope so it is a quick decay.

Set the modulation amount to something really low, like 0.070.

Add a modulator to the Master Volume, an ADSR. Give it a quick decay, half sustain, and a medium release.

Congratulations, you've just made an FM e-piano with one module! Now let your imagination run free!

ghettosynth wrote:
yellowmix wrote:And now you're including Omnisphere for the samples alone
In no universe does Omnisphere qualify as "insane value", unless, of course, we are actually referring to the first denotation of insane.
That's the point. Using opportunity as a metric leads to that logical conclusion. While the other half are counting tool abilities per currency unit compared to its peers. Which, if strictly adhered to, would make this a very short list and ultimately against the spirit of what the OP was really asking, as they later clarified.

yellowmix wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
yellowmix wrote:And now you're including Omnisphere for the samples alone
In no universe does Omnisphere qualify as "insane value", unless, of course, we are actually referring to the first denotation of insane.
That's the point. Using opportunity as a metric leads to that logical conclusion. While the other half are counting tool abilities per currency unit compared to its peers. Which, if strictly adhered to, would make this a very short list and ultimately against the spirit of what the OP was really asking, as they later clarified.
Yes, it is a short list.
Not looking for only high quality, but software that costs little and [gives....... Insane value for money.
Words have meanings, there's no universe where one of the most expensive software packages can be said to give "insane value for money" unless you want to include every piece of software possible.

ghettosynth wrote:no universe where one of the most expensive software packages can be said to give "insane value for money" unless you want to include every piece of software possible
In this here solar system Omnisphere costs $500.00 and has 12,563 sounds. If every sound is personally Insane to you and takes only 5 minutes to explore and you are spending 7 hours a day nonstop, thats a Personal Insanity Value of 150 days nonstop insanity at $3.33 a day. You can mathematically plot the P.I.F. of every synth on an Insanity/Time graph. If another synth costs $50 and has 1,256 awesome sounds, it would lie on the same graph line as Omnisphere. I don't own Omnisphere, so my analysis is objective and thus correct.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote:In this here solar system Omnisphere costs $500.00 and has 12,563 sounds. If every sound is personally Insane to you and takes only 5 minutes to explore and you are spending 7 hours a day nonstop, thats a Personal Insanity Value of 150 days nonstop insanity. You can mathematically plot the P.I.F. of every synth on an Insanity/Time graph. If another synth costs $50 and has 1,256 awesome sounds, it would lie on the same graph line as Omnisphere. I don't own Omnisphere, so my analysis is objective and thus correct.
Nobody can say he didn't tried to be on topic.. ..somehow.. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

V0RT3X wrote:I'd also point out that logic is not really Insane value for money, because you have to buy a overpriced Mac first. (i'm a mac user and tbh as much as I love them, I do find them a bit overpriced)
Nonetheless Logic X is insane value for the money and it all comes together when you take into account how much more you have to pay for a similarly featured DAW + addons, that adds up to amount you saved on PC machine difference.

Mac's are worth something second hand also, try selling any 4+ years old PC second hand, becomes worthless, 12 years old Quad G5 cost more/barely equal as my 5 years old i5 2500k PC second hand...

Also one can buy cheaper second hand Mac, not everyone must buy new trashcan to make music.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

It's hard to beat the 99% off deals from Crysonic:

http://crysonic.com/

I mean, what's the worst that could happen...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”