Any Soundcloud Pro Users Lost Their Subscriptions?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

UltimateOutsider wrote:Dang, I am a Pro user and I just checked my SoundCloud and it's telling me I'm Basic as well.

Thanks for raising the flag on this- I normally only visit SC when I'm uploading something. Gonna try contacting them via support and Twitter.

I do wish you'd been nicer to Frantz, though. :(
You can try contacting them but they're not responding to anybody. It's either like they don't yet know there's a problem (It's not posted on their blog yet) or they're so f**ked that they're ignoring everybody while they scramble trying to figure out what went wrong. My guess is on the latter because nobody can be THAT oblivious.

Look, I'm sorry I took Frantz head off. I'm frustrated. Everything I do revolves around Soundcloud. That's why I pay these people $121 a year. I expect better service than this.

wagtunes wrote: Look, I'm sorry I took Frantz head off. I'm frustrated.
Don't worry about it. I wasn't offended.

Frantz wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Look, I'm sorry I took Frantz head off. I'm frustrated.
Don't worry about it. I wasn't offended.
Things are getting worse. People opening new accounts (pro) aren't getting them. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong over there.

ftr we dont need personal attacks either (not directed at you wags)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:ftr we dont need personal attacks either (not directed at you wags)
You know what HInk? I had it coming. Let's just put it all behind us.

In the meantime, they have a real mess over there. Seems most of their paid subscribers are SOL for now. Yes, it will eventually get fixed (unless Soundcloud goes belly up) but until it does people depending on this service are going to be inconvenienced. Some, greatly so, like the one guy who was releasing an album today.

All they have to do is post on their blog, we are aware of the problem and are working on a resolution. But nothing. Nobody will even acknowledge what's going on.

That's what worries me.

Technology isn't flawless. Every now and then, Souncloud's database servers seem to go AWOL. Stats aren't visible; tracks can't be uploaded; your status isn't queried properly.

The only long-term issue I've ever experienced was that at some point it looked like the server that aggregates stats every night at midnight UTC was borked, and stats didn't update for 2-3 days. This was raised on the SC forums, and promptly fixed.

So if you have temporary weirdness, it normally means one of the servers is acting up again and will sort itself out soon.

Right now, SC is working fine for me, but I'm in Europe and presumably they have mirrors on different continents.

sjm wrote:Technology isn't flawless. Every now and then, Souncloud's database servers seem to go AWOL. Stats aren't visible; tracks can't be uploaded; your status isn't queried properly.

The only long-term issue I've ever experienced was that at some point it looked like the server that aggregates stats every night at midnight UTC was borked, and stats didn't update for 2-3 days. This was raised on the SC forums, and promptly fixed.

So if you have temporary weirdness, it normally means one of the servers is acting up again and will sort itself out soon.

Right now, SC is working fine for me, but I'm in Europe and presumably they have mirrors on different continents.
Are you a pro user?

How to find out is a user has a soundcloud pro account.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sjm wrote:
How to find out is a user has a soundcloud pro account.png
That star is meaningless. Yes, I have one. But I don't have the functionality. That's the problem. Nothing works.

That's how you find out if a user is pro without having to ask each one individually. It wasn't meant to be an instruction on how you test your own account.

You can teach a man to fish, but you can't force him to drink the seawater.

sjm wrote:That's how you find out if a user is pro without having to ask each one individually. It wasn't meant to be an instruction on how you test your own account.

Yes, I know how to tell if somebody has a pro account. I only asked you because I was curious as to whether or not you were having the same problem. Had I known you wanted me to go check your account instead of simply answering a simple question, I wouldn't have asked and just gone and checked it. And that STILL wouldn't have told me whether or not you were having the same problem that I was.

Hope that's more clear now as to why I asked in the first place.

sjm wrote:That's how you find out if a user is pro without having to ask each one individually. It wasn't meant to be an instruction on how you test your own account.

Okay, so I went to your account. Is it working? Can you edit tracks? Do you get all your stats? Does your subscription page show you have an active subscription? This is info I can't check for you.

SoundCloud's Twitter support doesn't seem to have details of the problem, but they told me to use this form to submit a ticket, which is different from the one I tried using earlier today. With this one you can choose whether to post your question on their help forum or to send it directly to SC support. With the other it was just a basic email form that asked for an existing ticket number (which I didn't have).

I also asked on Reddit and a couple folks there have mentioned seeing similar problems.

It appears the SCsupport Twitter account is getting slammed right now. Lots of other folks with the same issue.

UltimateOutsider wrote:SoundCloud's Twitter support doesn't seem to have details of the problem, but they told me to use this form to submit a ticket, which is different from the one I tried using earlier today. With this one you can choose whether to post your question on their help forum or to send it directly to SC support. With the other it was just a basic email form that asked for an existing ticket number (which I didn't have).

I also asked on Reddit and a couple folks there have mentioned seeing similar problems.

It appears the SCsupport Twitter account is getting slammed right now. Lots of other folks with the same issue.
Well, no surprise there. My gut tells me it's going to be several days before this is resolved.

Now I'm going to see if I can even upload new material. Basic accounts only get so many hours of space and I am WAY over that limit. So if I also can't upload at this point, that's when I'm really going to be pissed.

I'll be back and let you everybody know if they can still upload even if nothing else works.

It appears uploads still work. So that's a relief at least.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”