Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is that a V-Synth I see in the first photo? :love:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:Is that a V-Synth I see in the first photo? :love:

It be :tu:

I sold all my hardware stuff because new baby reasons, and then one came up cheap and I had to buy it :lol:

Yep.

I would have done the same. :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

e@rs wrote:Is that dust around the MS2000 wheels?
No, I'm repainting it. It's primer.

4damind's SY99 looks an awful lot like my Ensoniq K2-32. Is there a connection? The layout looks almost identical.

FYI, the KS-32 (32 voice poly) is a weighted 76 keys with aftertouch, the hardware of which was reportedly made by Fatar. Dates back to the early '90's.

Ensoniq was a startup of Compaq ex-pats, and much later was acquired by E-Mu IIRC. Not sure if there is a link to Yamaha back then. Is it also Fatar hardware? Is that the connection?
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Nice to see folks showing off their Nektar keyboards! :tu:

justin3am wrote:Nice to see folks showing off their Nektar keyboards! :tu:

Stunning value for money :clap:

M-Audio should be running scared!

justin3am wrote:Nice to see folks showing off their Nektar keyboards! :tu:
:)

Jazzyspoon wrote:ONe year ago....
Wow, that's stunning :o

Seems a very inspirational space to work in 8)
Jazzyspoon wrote:Working on the current and final (for a while) studio. I will post pics soon. :)
Waiting.... :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

So back in September of 2013 my Wife and I bought a house. It was the only one that was in our price range, and in the neighborhood we wanted, that didn't have a dank, flood-prone, nasty smelling basement. (In fact, as I discovered later on, the natural soil-type here is pretty much sand. I mean one step up from beach sand. Crappy for growing just about EVERYTHING, but great from the non-flooding-basement standpoint.)

Moreover, it was finished on one side, making the whole deal a no-brainer from my standpoint.

I started buying rigid fiberglass (both 3 pcf and 6 pcf) and making ceiling suspension rigs:

I used 3 inch #10 machine screws and 1/4 inch drywall anchors. They weren't made to work together, but they did. It ended up being the perfect solution. I used muslin as a covering on the fiberglass. Each 'tile' consisted of a panel of 3pcf fiberglass sandwiched with a panel of 6 pcf fiberglass, with iron-on birch veneer to create the decorative 'washers' that the screws went through.

I started looking into ways of dealing with my walls, which are made of sheet rock and are exactly parallel to each other in the most obnoxious proportions imaginable acoustically. As I was pondering the immense sums involved in correcting my basement's many deficiencies, I was smiled upon by fortune. A friend in the office furniture business came into a large number of Steelcase office panels. Now while many office panels are acoustically useless, these panels happen to consist of an inch and a half of rigid fiberglass suspended in a modular steel frame. They are great general purpose broadband absorbers that can be reinforced in critical areas with additional fiberglass. You can make little temporary rooms out of them with minimal effort, and their modular, movable nature allows you to make the most of limited space.

On the wall opposite my drums I put 2 bookshelves, both backed with fiberglass, at random angles to the back wall. In the southwest corner I put 5 rolls of standard R11 fiberglass in 10 different compostable yard waste bags. The irregularly shaped paper on the outside of the fiberglass acts as a mid/high frequency diffuser, while the inner fiberglass acts as a bass frequency absorber. The opposite corner is a false one, made out of modular panels, 4 feet in from the actual wall. The bookshelves act as deflectors/diffusers, with high frequencies being diffused/deflected by the book's irregular shapes and densities, and the low frequencies being attenuated by the masses of backing fiberglass.

On the far side of these panels is the actual interface I use to record with. It in turn is attached by a USB cord to a PC on the unfinished side of the basement.

This is how I can make quiet recordings with a loud crappy old computer.

The floors I have left untreated. The hardwood surface adds just the right amount of life to recordings which might otherwise sound dead, or 'muffled'.

merry x-mas :D

verstaerker wrote:Image

merry x-mas :D
OK, how the HELL did you get into our bedroom with all of that gear and take a picture without me knowing about it?!?!

:scared:

:wink:

herodotus wrote:
OK, how the HELL did you get into our bedroom with all of that gear and take a picture without me knowing about it?!?!

:scared:

Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

thecontrolcentre wrote:Took some photos while installing Live 9.1.3 this evening ...
Wow an Encore 49p, that was my first ever keyboard, followed closely by a Pro One
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”