Support ndc Plugs, commission a plugin!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, so my hosting package is due for renewal now, and I thought it might be worth seeing if people would be willing to help me pay for it.

Basically what I'm planning is for anyone willing to donate a small sum, I would then build them a plugin of their own design/specification. So basically, you'd be paying to keep the ndc Plugs site on-line, but you'd get a plugin out of it, as a bonus.

If you're not familiar with previous ndc Plugs plugins, I should point out that I'm not a dsp guru - I'm not going to be able to build you an authentic minimoog clone, or some fantastic filter that can compare with commercial offerings. I have recently been working on an opengl framework for vst plugins though, so if you want some crazy visualisation stuff going on, or maybe some weird sample-mangling device, I'm your guy :wink:.

Also, beware that this is something I do in my spare time, so I'm less likely to be willing to take on a really big project (although it might depend on how much you're willing to donate).

Anyway, if anyone's interested, post your plugin suggestion and how much you're willing to donate here, and we can discuss the details.

- Niall at ndc Plugs.

(edit: Also, this isn't restricted to plugins - I'd be happy to make a standalone app (see here for examples) - maybe a lightweight vst host?)

A small drawable waveform plug that uses the resulting wave as a modulation source, permits the loading of user waves and has a standard set of waves preloaded. Parameters would include start & end time, phase offset, direction control(forward, reverse, wrap), speed, sync, and whatever else I'm forgetting..basically a super-customized LFO tool..

edit: would also be cool if it could be used in a 'step mode' with up to 132 assignable steps..

I want a plugin to convert lead to gold and get me laid beyond my wildest dreams.

Also it should have a waveshaper.
A well-behaved signature.

Sicklecell316 wrote:A small drawable waveform plug that uses the resulting wave as a modulation source, permits the loading of user waves and has a standard set of waves preloaded. Parameters would include start & end time, phase offset, direction control(forward, reverse, wrap), speed, sync, and whatever else I'm forgetting..basically a super-customized LFO tool..

edit: would also be cool if it could be used in a 'step mode' with up to 132 assignable steps..
Okay, that sounds like something I could probably do, but I'm not sure I entirely understand: modulation source/LFO for what? Do you mean outputting to MIDI CCs to control other plugins, or is it supposed to act on input audio somehow?

- Niall.

maybe sickle means essentially a traditional modulator but with drawable wave and a not so traditonal multifx to modulate.

cool, must go very fast and very slow, though.

Hey Niall,

I will try to think up something, but a few questions first:

- roughly what ballpark donation figure are you thinking (minimum donation amount for a plugin)?
- what kind of a plugin do you feel like making at the moment?
- would the plugin also then be available to the greater public? (I'd only want to donate if everyone could benefit from your generosity)

Cheers,
Steve

Okay, how about a combination granulator, phase vocoder, echo delay? Sort of a mix of Spectral Monkeyage, KT granulator and simple stereo delay, with a semi-modular signal path (so that you could alter the signal chain like D > PV > G, G > PV > D, G > PV, etc. Possibly throw in a final stage mixer, so that you could have both serial or parralel signal chain options).

What I'm thinking is being able to do things like run a signal into a granulator, blur the sound, and have an echo on it to give you sustained loop sounds to work with. I suppose one could do this already with a plugin chain (to be honest I've never tried, perhaps I should), but maybe throw in a little something like linked modulation (say 2 LFOs that could each modulate any 2 parameters at any given time, would then give you a built-in chorus/flanger too. Would be cool as a modulated pitch-shift effect like this, as you would have access to two different types of pitchsifting at once.)

As for donation amount, I wouldn't know where to begin for a case like this, so perhaps you could make a suggestion. Might also be able to drum up a few others who might be interested in chipping in for something like this.

Cheers,
Steve

Hrmmm...

How about some updates to the Modulator (another input so you can FM 2 sources, etc..)

???

NiallM wrote:Do you mean outputting to MIDI CCs to control other plugins, or is it supposed to act on input audio somehow?

- Niall.
No, output to an assignable CC, that's all.

Hi Niall!

Give me a week or so and I'll happily donate to keep you up and running - I can only afford about 25Euro this month :( Tracktion2/Camel Bundle sample CDs *sigh*

:cool:

I constantly use your stuff on Mac and Pc and love their ease of use and quality - thank you so much for these!!!

If you do decide to make a plug I'd eat my own arm for something like THIS

I need to be able to control it with two midi cc knobs - just like the Electribe in fact!!!!

:cool:

Anyway - chat to you soon about donating.

Best of luck,
Dave

So I tried out the effect chain. I ran a simple drum loop through Audiomulch's native granulator into Spectral Monkeyage then into a stereo delay. Then I fiddled about with the settings while I recorded. After doing it, made me wonder why I've never done it before!

Here's the outcome. Be forewarned, I did this all in about five minutes, so didn't pay attention to levels etc, so this is very loud/noisy. If you notice, modualtion of params is where most of the use comes in. I suppose now that I've worked out the effect chain, I'm set, but having it all in one streamlined interface with added internal modulation would be just dandy (with room leftover for any kind of NDC wizardy, maybe an extra mystery NDC distortion stage :love: ).

Cheers,
Steve

shamann wrote:After doing it, made me wonder why I've never done it before!
I think one of my great disapointments here is that you aren't a Reaktor user..

shamann wrote:- roughly what ballpark donation figure are you thinking (minimum donation amount for a plugin)?
- what kind of a plugin do you feel like making at the moment?
- would the plugin also then be available to the greater public? (I'd only want to donate if everyone could benefit from your generosity)
- I think a minimum of $20/£10, rising (to $50/£25? I don't want to ask for too much, because I'll be doing it in my spare time, and I may end up taking a long time to finish it) depending on the complexity of the plugin.
- I'm dying to do something that makes use of my new opengl stuff. I've already got a weird new plugin using it, which should be ready sometime next week.
- Yeah - it'll be open-source too.
shamann wrote:Okay, how about a combination granulator, phase vocoder, echo delay?
Well, that's a bit more complicated than I was thinking of (no idea how to create a phase vocoder...), although it could be really cool. My supervisor at uni just wrote a phase vocoder actually, so I could maybe ask him, although there's bound to be a lot of maths to make my head hurt :wink:. I don't want to say definitely yes, until I've got a better idea of what would be required, code-wise...
kodama wrote:How about some updates to the Modulator (another input so you can FM 2 sources, etc..)
Well, The Modulator's kind of old now (well, in terms of my plugins - I consider Buffer Synth 2 kind of old too) - to update it I'd want to re-write a lot of the code (probably just start from scratch again). Having said that, I quite like the idea of a Modulator aimed at modular hosts - I could split the plugin into three separate plugins, one for each type of modulation, and maybe create an LFO plugin, which output it's modulation signal as an audio signal (hmm... I see a connection to Sicklecell's idea here).
Sicklecell714 wrote:No, output to an assignable CC, that's all.
Ah okay, I can do that. PM me and we can discuss details.

- Niall.

NiallM wrote:Well, that's a bit more complicated than I was thinking of (no idea how to create a phase vocoder...), although it could be really cool. My supervisor at uni just wrote a phase vocoder actually, so I could maybe ask him, although there's bound to be a lot of maths to make my head hurt :wink:. I don't want to say definitely yes, until I've got a better idea of what would be required, code-wise...
As luck would have it, the mother of all phase vocoders is open source. Downloadable from Richard Dobson's site. Might give you somewhere to start.

i need a vocal tuner to help my bad singing(that works on win98),but that's just me...erm how about a vst version of agentbeats\gbloink!-ish.or a microsoft agent-type singer?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”