Simmons SDSV

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

arkmabat wrote:Hollowsun, am I good to downnload this still?
In principle, yes but seems the link has been severed for some reason. I'd have to dig them out again and re-upload them (not beyond the wit of man).

Of course, I'd rather you buy one (or both) of these...

http://www.hollowsun.com/HS2/products/hsdv

http://www.hollowsun.com/HS2/products/drumbox

;)

I'll see if I can dig out the original Simmons.

Cheers,

Stephen

Thanks! Do both have samples of the SDS5? Hopefully this serves as free advertising for you. Sorry for digging up an old thread.

As this has recently popped back to the top, let me:

A) Apologise profusely to those who responded to my original request and I never responded to. I must've lost track of this thread and I'm usually pretty good on that front!
B) Thank you all for your suggestions! Hollowsun, just been listening to those examples on your website, HSDV sounds very tempting!

arkmabat wrote:Thanks! Do both have samples of the SDS5?
DrumBox has samples but HSDV is a drum synthesiser and doesn't contain samples.

Well, it does but samples of raw noise (of various types), raw triangle and sine waves and YOU create your own Simmons-esque drum sounds much like the real thing (the GUI is based around the SDSV after all).

It's a very different concept to just having a bunch of static Simmons samples with which can do very little .. if anything.

That's why I made HSDV...

I've always liked Simmons and worked with the SDSV a lot during the 80s and 90s. I've always been disappointed by 'snapshot' samples of the thing because they're too inflexible - can't change the amount of pitch sweep or the balance between noise and tone, can't lengthen them, can't tune 'em without changing duration, etc.

So I made my own software SDSV using Kontakt (and a lot of help from the nice Mr Evil Dragon of this parish).

An old friend of mine works as an assistant to Lady Gaga's producer and I am led to believe that they/she uses HSDV for her 80s styled drum sounds. Which is nice!

Cheers,

Stephen

hollowsun wrote:
arkmabat wrote: An old friend of mine works as an assistant to Lady Gaga's producer and I am led to believe that they/she uses HSDV for her 80s styled drum sounds. Which is nice!

Cheers,

Stephen
Daaang! I wish I had kontakt :D Cool tibit though.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”