Warning! Warning! Warning! Sonart Samples

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thickwick wrote:After I bought their "Yearly Subscription" I started to get massive amounts of spam in my mailbox. I mean everything from Sex Toys to online Pharmacies.
with a nick like thickwick you kinda got to expect that :hihi:

thickwick wrote:They are from Sweden!
What gave you that idea ? According to whois they're Russian.
http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=sonart&tld=cc

Surprise surprise! A website from Russia that isn't kosher. Where's the world coming to ?

puh....the only professional thing here is obviously the great looking website....but thanks, thickwick for this important infos....i really thought about buying some things from them....but that's was the past...

thanx & greets,
olli

Are they trying to muzzle in on the Sonar crowd. A very proffesional looking page whith a cash register and who knows what you are realy getting until it is delivered. Sonart is giving good internet seller's a bad name. It will cost you $39 dollars to find out? There must a way to drive these types out?

They do have a freeby "bass box"? http://sonart.cc/shop/index.php?cPath=6 ... fed514b110

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
thickwick wrote:Do not buy samples from Sonart Audio!

here is the website: http://sonart.cc/shop/ (http://sonart.cc/shop/)

They are running a scam. They have a really nice looking website that claims to offer some amazing content at a really good price. They offer a yearly subscription that claims to give you like 67 gigs of material plus 12 new products in 2008.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

When you download their product what you get is a folder full of redundant material. Their is an instruments folder with 7 different formats, all containing the same 12 instruments.

You will also find a loops folder with different BPM folders in it. All of the folders contain the same loops!

When you download a compressed library called for instance "Minimal House" that is 1 gig in size, what you get when you trim all the fat is about 40 megabytes of useable material.

However, what is left are loops that are directly ripped from current tracks. I know that some companies will do this to some small degree, but, I am not joking, these loops are direct rips from NEW tracks. It's not like the kick is filtered out, or the loop is drenched in affects. I have found so far many, many tracks that are currently on Beatport. Not old tracks but new tracks.

Also. I just received one of the "NEW" products, and it is literally two of their previously released libraries repackaged with a new picture. Not some new loops mixed with some older ones, but actually the same exact loops from two other libraries that you have already downloaded!

I could go into greater detail but let me just say this.

I HAVE NEVER COME ACROSS SUCH A RIP OFF. AFTER DOWNLOADING SOMETHING LIKE 60 GIGS OF MATERIAL I HAVE A SMALL COLLECTION OF LOOPS THAT I CAN NOT USE BECAUSE THEY ARE IDENTICAL TO TRACKS THAT ARE NOW, OR HAVE RECENTLY BEEN IN BEATPORT'S TOP TEN LIST.

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!
Yeah, fortunately I didn't buy anything from them, but downloaded their free Yamaha C7 piano sample library. Thanks for the warning, I'll NEVER buy anything from them, since the piano sample library was also REALLY bad quality. I mean, REALLY bad. I also tried to download their free "Bass Box" without any success...

They are selling material copyrighted to other companies, right? Maybe someone could find out more information about this company... like if it's connected with organized crime or sth else...

dven wrote:I believe that this is actually the same company that used to be coloursonics. It was alleged that the samples they were giving away (in exchange for demo tracks using the material) were copyrighted to other companies and the thread about that was removed a while ago by the mods.
Yeah, I'm pretty damn sure this is the case. Coloursonics caused quite a lot of discussion and flaming here and in about half a dozen other forums and in the end it was obvious and certain that they're just ripping off and stealing other manufacturers' samples, and not even doing that very well. Sonart even has "Colour sonics" in the list of the sample manufacturers. I'd guess they're just the same company but with changed name - that's what scam companies are known of doing.
never stop loving music.

this definitely proves the old adage i follow. 'if its too good to be true, it probably is'.

Meffy wrote:Of course, Caysi. I just feel it's important to educate against the evils of speciesism.
:lol:
I Music.

Karmacomposer wrote:If this company is US based, why not alert the proper authorities and get them shut down? If they are selling loops of material that is obviously breaking copyright laws, they should be dealt with.

In fact, why not alert the owners of the copywritten material as well - perhaps they could then legally do something about it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Mike
Problem is the only way to shut them down is through a judge. And that takes time. Enough time for them to make more money. And they probably have more than one site and scam going. Those types of folks work the legal system. What they are doing is a civil offense, (you can cry criminal, but the law recognizes it as civil; fraud being very difficult to prove since their customers/victims actually receive what was advertised), so even if judged against or levied an injunction, they just spring up somewhere else under a new name, declare bankruptcy under the old name, and continue to scam people until another lawsuit is brought forth forcing them to shut down and recycle their scam again.

Nasty business by nasty assholes.
I Music.

chicken muffin wrote:this definitely proves the old adage i follow. 'if its too good to be true, it probably is'.
Their next assumed identity will probably be something like "Madoff Mastermixes".
I Music.

Thank you for this topic. You just saved my 80 $ (which means a lot for me) ...

Their website looks professional but the offer actually (and fortunately) looked too good. I "googled" about sonart subscriptions and found out this topic.

Really, thank you.

man i almost fell for this. they emailed me something (from the free bass pack hook) like pay $80 and you get all these loops for all year, and there were like huge massive contents. i thought, well that's nice! but i was spoiled by novations offering of loopmasters content and started buying those instead. lucky for me apparently!

sorry to hear this is a crap scam.

Just in case any further confirmation is needed on this thread, I bought a couple of Sonart libraries, and in my considered opinion they are shit - a complete waste of money.
David
Songwriter/Producer/Keyboardist

I appreciate the heads up re this company, and the list of respected/worthwhile companies.
This deserves a bump, and a more permanent list/thread re people like this would help many.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”