Warning! Warning! Warning! Sonart Samples

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is really maddning to think they are getting away with this. This particularly disgruntles me as a scam like this puts people of buying from smaller sample companies and when I am trying to sell my own legit sample libraries this isn't a good thing.

My stuff is available from sounds to sample though which was on your legit list :-)

thickwick wrote:I just wanted to add that almost 1600 people have seen this thread. That makes me very proud of KVR.

I feel like I have prevented 1600 people from loosing their hard earned money.

KVR is dope!
WheW! - make that 1601. Thanks thickwick!

I was just about to buy their subscription it looked liek such a great deal, but I couldn't find any info on their site about what was actually in each set, so lucky for me I popped over here to see what KVR peeps had to say about it.

Thanks again.

B
U
M
P

Ubiety wrote:
Karmacomposer wrote:If this company is US based, why not alert the proper authorities and get them shut down? If they are selling loops of material that is obviously breaking copyright laws, they should be dealt with.

In fact, why not alert the owners of the copywritten material as well - perhaps they could then legally do something about it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Mike
Problem is the only way to shut them down is through a judge. And that takes time. Enough time for them to make more money. And they probably have more than one site and scam going. Those types of folks work the legal system. What they are doing is a civil offense, (you can cry criminal, but the law recognizes it as civil; fraud being very difficult to prove since their customers/victims actually receive what was advertised), so even if judged against or levied an injunction, they just spring up somewhere else under a new name, declare bankruptcy under the old name, and continue to scam people until another lawsuit is brought forth forcing them to shut down and recycle their scam again.

Nasty business by nasty assholes.
[mod edit: No.]
thickwick wrote:They are from Sweden!
not according to their domain registration:
http://www.whois.net/whois_new3.cgi?d=sonart&tld=cc

That's a little weird...they don't even have an address listed.
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

Surely these guys are way beyond dodgy also?
(Link removed by mod)
MOD EDIT - Don't post links to warez sites here please .. it was very dodgy

[quote="noiseboyuk"]Surely these guys are way beyond dodgy also?

(Mod edit - removed link)
I don't know if you're new to the audio scene, but (Mod edit) is one of the biggest audio warez sites(the biggest I think, since Magesy was put down). I can only reccommend you to STAY AWAY from them as far as you can.

noiseboyuk wrote:Surely these guys are way beyond dodgy also?
(Link removed by mod)
MOD EDIT - Don't post links to warez sites here please .. it was very dodgy
Fair enough!

On a general point - it's one thing for companies like Sonart who appear to be legit but are just rubbish and dodgy underneath the hood. But how can these sites (warez?) stay up at all?

just to further reiterate whats already been said in this thread

i got their hip hop pack awhile back, it was labeled as being a massive drum library with a good collection of sounds

their massive drum library consisted of less than a dozen sounds in each category(they made it look like more by labeling each sound on a different note but their was really no difference it was just the same sound with a different effect) and i wouldn't be suprised if they're the same drums in every pack they sell like someone else said because the drums didn't sound nothing like hip hop style drums they sounded like techno drums and not very good techno drums at that

and the sounds while they weren't bad weren't hip hop styled either they just sounded like random techno patches & pretty mediocre ones at that, theirs only about 2 sounds that i've used out of the whole pack

they used deceptive marketing too the pack was labeled as 2 gigabytes of sounds when in reality it was less than 500 megabytes, it was only 2 gigs if you count the sounds in all formats and the duplicate drum sounds
http://drunk3nj3sus.blogspot.com/ < My blog
Free samples, presets, etc.

Sorry to hear this. Maybe this thread will be a warning to others.

Such bastards.

Just one advice: the top level domain cc in their URL stands for Cocos (Keeling) Islands. It is strongly recommended to never buy anything from sites with such top level domains. It is almost always fraudsters that register under these domains. If you paid by credit card, do check your credit card statements rigorously! Also check everything you downloaded for viruses and spyware.

*bump*

*bump* for the "newly" released Night Rock Café title.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

FrankT wrote:Such bastards.

Just one advice: the top level domain cc in their URL stands for Cocos (Keeling) Islands. It is strongly recommended to never buy anything from sites with such top level domains. It is almost always fraudsters that register under these domains. If you paid by credit card, do check your credit card statements rigorously! Also check everything you downloaded for viruses and spyware.
while this is no doubt partly true, the way I'd understood it is that the main attraction for having a ".cc" domain name is that they are free.

there r probably plenty of perfectly innocent/legit ppl who dont want to pay unnecessarily for registering a domain

but, having said that, yeah, there's probably lots of scammers too who just dont want to invest even 7 Euros in their rip-off scheme.
Signature blocked until somebody convinces me they aren't utterly pointless

BUMP
DSP with attitude

quick btw: http://sonarte.ca/ are good guys and not affiliated with the sonart scammers!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”