Wave Alchemy Pro II Synthesizer For Kontakt

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

trrttsch wrote:I'm helping my brother to record some old songs he used to play in a rock band in the 80's. The keyboard player had a pro one (and a Korg MonoPoly) for solos and riffs. Is this mostly dance based samples?

Also I don't have Kontakt but exs24. What featuers will be missing?

/Tobias
The EXS24 version could been seen as a large bank of presets whilst the Kontakt version is a fully editable Synthesizer built specifically for the included 3.9GB of sample content (hence the cheaper price of the EXS24 version)

The Kontakt version of Pro II includes 'raw mode' which allows one to mix, tune / detune and heavily modify 10 heavily sampled Pro One oscillators (5 waveforms for each oscillator), 2 sub oscillators (Sine / Square) and 2 multi-sampled noise oscillators. The Kontakt version also incoludes a custom sequencer, in-built effects and lots of control over the sound (see GUI screenshots in my opening post)

The EXS24 version does not include the raw osc page, heavy editing capabilities, sequencer or fancy GUI (hence the lower price) it does however includes all of the raw sample content (3.8GB) mapped out to 152 presets.

With the Kontakt instrument version of Pro II you can pretty much make any kind of sound you like, from bass to leads, to fx - it really excels at powerful basses and leads in my opinion.

I'm not sure I would recommend the Pro II EXS24 format for expressive leads, I would probably look elsewhere if I'm to be completely honest. The Kontakt version however can do this well due to the scripting capabilities and raw osc modes. I would say the EXS24 format excels at powerful bass sounds, deep subs and fx sounds.

Cheers,

Dan
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

wave alchemy wrote: I'm not sure I would recommend the Pro II EXS24 format for expressive leads, I would probably look elsewhere if I'm to be completely honest. The Kontakt version however can do this well due to the scripting capabilities and raw osc modes. I would say the EXS24 format excels at powerful bass sounds, deep subs and fx sounds.

Cheers,

Dan
Thanks you for the info! Since I don't have Kontakt I'll skip this one for now. The Korg Legacy MonoPoly will have to do all the work. :)

this is still one of the best softsynths for analog bass and leads out there!

This is indeed still a fine piece of software :tu:

But I find the sequencer option a bit strange, have to hit key C8 to start a sequence, and then b7 to turn it off. It's not ideal when wanting to run it in a in a track/pattern.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”