Unreal! Nine Volt Audio going out of business!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

octo-rez wrote:On another note:
I just read that Ninevoltaudio products use online copy protection!
I guess owners of their products might be a bit uneasy now....
I cannot imagine that they make a big group buy with a lot of new users, and a few weeks later the libraries cannot be used anymore because of their copy protection...

I think they'll find a solution that the libraries can still be used after the company's closure.

octo-rez wrote:On another note:
I just read that Ninevoltaudio products use online copy protection!
I guess owners of their products might be a bit uneasy now....
Not quite the case on my end. And I have a couple of sets.

The "online copy protection" is the watermarking downloader you needed to use in order to get certain samplesets. I was never asked to insert any serial or do any C/R checks post download. Only if I wanted to download stuff.

Though I can't speak for TAIKO, which is pretty much one of the only Kontakt library that 9Volt is still selling. Though I do remember that Kontakt libraries with serial or C/R are usually those bundled with a Kontakt player. TAIKO 2 needs Kontakt full - so... no C/R - just watermarking.

The REX/RMX loops are definitely non C/R post download.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I bought some Rex libs back then, which I like, and which I also integrated into Stylus RMX (bought halfprice while at a special deal).

But lately I think they failed with their campain to bundle all packs into one big bundle, without the ability to purchase the single products anymore.
For me too much stuff I'd never need.
IMHO (of course I could be wrong) NVA made a big mistake here.

Cheers

Actually, I thought something like this might happen when I saw NVA offer all their loops in one deeply discounted package back last Spring. Usually the main reason a company will offer a product at a deep discount for an extended time is because sales for the product have dropped off drastically. The deep discount is used to tease the remaining potential buyers from the market. And now with the group-buy, NVA is trying to reach the last of them. My concerns began to grow when I didn't see NVA replace the discounted products with anything new. So, I think this plan has been in the works for a while.

I own several of the NVA libraries and I think they are top-notch. The care that went into making them is very impressive. I think everything in their product line is of high quality.

My understanding is that Nine Volt Audio is pretty much a one-man operation. For whatever reason, Kyle Z. has decided to close up shop. It could be that he doesn't see any opportunity in the samples market any more, or maybe he is just tired of this business and wants to do something else, or could be a hundred other things. My feeling is that whatever he decides to do next, I wish him all the best.

- Ken

Same here...Kyle is a very talented musician who has produced some of the finest REX loops ever created, among other really great stuff. 9-Volt will be missed, and I just hope he will find a way to keep making more great libraries. I owned most of them, and agree that it would have been nice if he could have offered his best customers a more surgical deal on his libraries, but it's clear now what his motivation has been.

He was complaining last year that someone had been offering his libraries up on the Net. I wish I could meet whomever's responsible in a dark alley some time.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

$199 gets the lot: 38 titles! :-o 72-hour sale 8)

http://www.ninevoltaudio.com

octo-rez wrote:
Codestation wrote:This system doesn't work...
nicely trolled... without a monetary system we would probably all be working in the fields and not sitting in front of a computer or even thinking of making music. I'd rather take the "monetary system", thanks

the internet will destroy music. Unless somebody comes up with a way of extracting nourishment from thin air :)
Not my intent to troll, my friend - might we not have something better? The lesser of two evils is still an evil. I seek only to inspire.

Which of the formats is best or most flexible/portable?

Acid Wav, Apple Loops, REX or Stylus RMX?

Th group buy info are online:

blueman wrote:$199 gets the lot: 38 titles! :-o 72-hour sale 8)

Fwiw, it doesn't include taiko2
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I never get these out of business sales. All you have is a website, let it just sit there and if someone wants to buy your library once in a while, they'll be able to do so! Unless his webstore is not automatic, which would surprise me! Someone like me who sells small libraries makes enough money every months to make it worthwhile, I cannot imagine he would do less, making the whole thing unworthy for him...

whyterabbyt wrote:
blueman wrote:$199 gets the lot: 38 titles! :-o 72-hour sale 8)

Fwiw, it doesn't include taiko2
Single libraries are 60-70% off though. So, you can get Taiko 2 for $60 although for some reason, the sale price on Taiko 2 isn't coming up at the moment.

bioroid wrote:Which of the formats is best or most flexible/portable?

Acid Wav, Apple Loops, REX or Stylus RMX?
I'd say Acid WAV first in terms of portability, REX might be more flexible depending on whatever you load them into.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

SampleScience wrote:I never get these out of business sales. All you have is a website, let it just sit there and if someone wants to buy your library once in a while, they'll be able to do so! Unless his webstore is not automatic, which would surprise me! Someone like me who sells small libraries makes enough money every months to make it worthwhile, I cannot imagine he would do less, making the whole thing unworthy for him...
You have to pay for the hosting and merchant services though. Maybe they are not making enough to cover those? Or it could be a personal issue, nothing at all to do with money.

I wish there was a kontakt instrument bundle price for those who purchased total rex for $300. It includes less titles than this $200 deal.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”