Suggestions on first brass library

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Actually Cinesamples probably stole velocity switching from VSL. Also you can switch articulations by speed, interval map and a sequence map.

The difference between VSL and the approach of Cinebrass and others is being able to roll your own. Such as the clusters; Cinebrass gives you some clusters but they're their clusters. You can totally control what they are in VSL because of the interface. The humanize tuning gives you that. As well as designing your own players, really; that intone differently. This uniformity is what makes samples unrealistic. Both of those are shown in the overview video. Also VI Pro gives you scala tunings per any of 12 tonics, so the sort of adjustments in ensemble to arrive at more harmonic concords can be approached through that. You have a matrix for just intonation at one key and another at the next key, etc.

As far as tutorials, it's about the VI Pro interface, it applies to anything. There are fairly detailed tutes on that.
The special thing about the Dimension approach is, here are recordings of the individual player playing in the group. I don't know how it's done, but they're really scientists over there.

I wouldn't have even looked further at Cinebrass if it was deficient in terms of articulations. It's a significantly bigger band for less money.

jancivil wrote:Actually Cinesamples probably stole velocity switching from VSL. Also you can switch articulations by speed, interval map and a sequence map.

The difference between VSL and the approach of Cinebrass and others is being able to roll your own. Such as the clusters; Cinebrass gives you some clusters but they're their clusters. You can totally control what they are in VSL because of the interface. The humanize tuning gives you that. As well as designing your own players, really; that intone differently. This uniformity is what makes samples unrealistic. Both of those are shown in the overview video. Also VI Pro gives you scala tunings per any of 12 tonics, so the sort of adjustments in ensemble to arrive at more harmonic concords can be approached through that. You have a matrix for just intonation at one key and another at the next key, etc.

As far as tutorials, it's about the VI Pro interface, it applies to anything. There are fairly detailed tutes on that.
The special thing about the Dimension approach is, here are recordings of the individual player playing in the group. I don't know how it's done, but they're really scientists over there.

I wouldn't have even looked further at Cinebrass if it was deficient in terms of articulations. It's a significantly bigger band for less money.

I have to accept that I was at fault for not really paying much attention to the VI Pro player; it is indeed very powerful. I think I will go with the Dimension Brass lib, which will be a good complement to the Epic Horns lib. VSL Fanfare Trumpets sound amazing too :)

Thank you all for your time and advice.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”