How many synth libraries should you have?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lachrimae wrote:Thou shalt purchase synths until one reacheth buyer's remorse, then waiteth for said remorse to subside before purchasing thine next synth.
Thou shalt covet the synth of another man. Thou shalt have the synth of another man.
Man, that's from the wrong book, this thread is about libraries :party:

one ping only should be enough for everyone.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Excluding drums plugins i've stopped\deleted\uninstalled all sampler plugins because I prefer to concentrate on creativity rather than put me to buy a million hard disk and then put me to categorize these endless sound libraries...

... Sure, maybe Rock is more simple on composing (not need a lot of automations etc etc) but there are a lot of synthesizers (Moogy, Oberheim, Mellotrons etc etc) that sound great and take up a few megabytes..! ;-)

mellotron isn't exactly a synthesizer though. it's a (sampled) sampler.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Just one more...
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

It's all about free running oscillators and dynamic module interactions using code in real-time.
:borg:

Because this was posted in the Sample Libraries forum, I assumed the OP was referring to sampled synths, as opposed to synths that play samples. The answer to that would be None. Sampling synthesizers is just silly. That's like taking a photo of a pair of expensive shoes and taping them over your sneakers.

But if you're talking about sample-based synthesizers such as Omnisphere, the answer would be Two: Omnisphere and Alchemy. You'll be old and gray before you've exhausted all the possibilities. I know this because I am old and gray, and I'm still finding new stuff to do with them.

bbaggins wrote:That's like taking a photo of a pair of expensive shoes and taping them over your sneakers.
Best. Idea. Evah!!!

I am so doing that so that I can have comfortable shoes at work!!!

bbaggins wrote:Because this was posted in the Sample Libraries forum, I assumed the OP was referring to sampled synths, as opposed to synths that play samples. The answer to that would be None. Sampling synthesizers is just silly. That's like taking a photo of a pair of expensive shoes and taping them over your sneakers.

But if you're talking about sample-based synthesizers such as Omnisphere, the answer would be Two: Omnisphere and Alchemy. You'll be old and gray before you've exhausted all the possibilities. I know this because I am old and gray, and I'm still finding new stuff to do with them.

I think they would have to be able to import samples then, which would increase the list to a couple of Tone2s, Synthmaster, a couple of Cakewalks, and of course, Alchemy.
Omnisphere is a fail in that case. Relative more to the group of those factory only wavetable and sample synths like Blue II, et cetera.

robojam wrote:
bbaggins wrote:That's like taking a photo of a pair of expensive shoes and taping them over your sneakers.
Best. Idea. Evah!!!

I am so doing that so that I can have comfortable shoes at work!!!
bbaggins Ultra Cool ! This will go global within days, with companies making sticky-backed-plastic versions of top designs.

Those in the know will look down at your stick ons and with a look of evident disdain just utter; "phhh.....bbaggins" before they turn away.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”