Request for help testing K5 Drumset

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't understand drums at all! But I figured it about the only freebie I haven't really tried, so here's an attempt at a simple konversion of the MF Natural Drum Kit by Markus Fiedler. Could I get some folks to give it a test and let me know if it works as its supposed to? Thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t5o8i ... rumset.nki

// MF Natural Drum Kit V 1.0
// Author: Markus Fiedler in the year 2011
// Published on www.terzmagazin.de
// Contact: mfiedler [at] fiedler-audio [dot] de
//
// License: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0), modified
//
// Modification:
//
// You may use this sound in a commercial music production for free!
// You are not allowed to use this product in a sampling library or in a
// related product (like sampling CD's) !
// Please read on www.terzmagazin.de for detailed exception
//==============================================================

It loaded here and played sounds, in the standalone.

According to the website - if Google translated it right - the samples are not freed until 90 purchases made and the site says only 15 have happened... So I don't think they can be included in the nki?

Also, I wouldn't group by velocity - it makes the mapping a bit of a mess. Group by kit piece. That way you can see what's going on for, say, the snare or hi-hat.

It would also make it easier to work out what exactly is going on for the hi-hat -- how are you handling CC4, for example?

Thanks for trying it, jancivil.
Thanks pljones. I missed that 90 downloads bit. It didn't really come out the way I wanted anyway, so I've deleted it.

Ah - I hoped I was missing something. Navigating a German blog through Google Translate was hard enough... :(

I do appreciate you pointing it out to me. I try to stay inside the pubic domain / creative commons perimeters and putting this out was likely a mistake based on what you read and what I then tried to read. I'm a bit confused by it, but not worth pushing that boundary.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”