Experimental Acoustic Guitar Sample Library- KONTAKT

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guys,

I made this sample library for KONTAKT,

37 samples
24 bit
Used my own TGM EQ

Here's a demo
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/zi43ynu ... TGM_EQ.mp3

Get it from here (16 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8gbnl ... TGM+EQ.rar

I hope you will like it.

Thanks. :wink:

any one tried/liked? :(

There is a clank on the end of sample 4GS.wav and 4G.wav
-Matt

6XD.wav is also a little funny. Many of the samples seem to have a lot of static/noise (perhaps you wanted that) might be a good idea to run them through a noise reducer (RX, Sound Forge etc).
-Matt

hey thanks, yes few noises there. i tried to cut these, btw im not a pro but i will try better next time :)

The sound is noisy and a bit thin, but has a lot of low frequency content. On the lowest note, there is a 7.5Hz peak just 9dB under the fundamental, but that can be removed with an HP filter. Some notes are a bit soft, e.g. 3DS has a lower volume than its neighbours. Another important aspect for a library is different dynamic levels. That's a lot of work, of course, almost undoable if you record in a noisy environment. And tuning: play E-A-D-G-B-E. It isn't perfect. I would say it's a nice start, but not great. But ... it's always nice to see another library, especially a free one. Thanks for sharing it.

FLWrd, Thanks mate for your kind observation and valuable tips. :) Yes i do agree i recorded in a noisy environment that's where these clanks came from. I know more hard works needed to make a "great" library! but i will make one, trust me :tu:

I hope so! You've got dry samples, which is good, and a consistent level of attack, which is also good. I tried to sample my piano. It doesn't have a good sound, but it has character, and who knows if someone might like it, but I couldn't get a clean sample. There was always a car, a noisy neighbor, a bird somewhere. I wish you goo luck!

Thanks again! feel free to share your piano samples if you want and it's always "a noisy neighbor" for me.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”