Cheap Solid Rock Drums Kits

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm usually producing electronic music, but yesterday I wanted to add some rock drums to an acoustic piece, and it hit me that I barely found any drums to use in my sample collection.
I don't wanna spend a lot on that (free kits are also welcomed), but I think I need to own a couple of good solid rock\acoustic kits. I don't need it to be too fancy with thousands of velocity layers, but it have to have a nice selection of snares.
I own EZ Drummer lite which I was too lazy to install till now, does it have some nice kits in it?

Thanks

Yup, that's a great one for people like me who aren't into rock, but somebody asks us for a rock drums sound sometimes. It seems to have a lot of pre-baked EQ and compression which makes the job much much easier. It won't give you a 1970s rock drums sound, but seems more post-2000 to me. It's only got one snare, though, I think.

In any case, the girls I know who are into rock really like the way it sounds, and pretty much asked me to replace all other drum kits with it when it was rereleased as a freebie.

@DSmolken: Excuse Me Sir, I think I not understand what You've writed... What mean the girls..? o.O

Hahaha, the girl who recorded the samples for the Growlybass library is in a rock band with two other girls. I've done some drum tracks for them.

So, yes, there really are college girls in Europe who are into rock and not EDM. The three I know really like the MT Power Drums better than the other free kits I have.

For a lighter, more retro sound I also like the Jazz Funk kit by Orange Tree. It's pretty much the opposite of the MT Power Drums which are very slick and "produced" - it even has kick samples with snare drum rattle included. But it also sounds very nice without needing a lot of post-processing.

Do you guys usually prefer working with a framework that gathers whole kits and is programmed as a single instrument, or would you prefer working with single one shot samples.
I'm using FL Studio, and currently using one-shots and separate samples on different sample channels, although I use FPC at times if I want velocity layering.

For anything electronic I do separate one-shots in their own channels, but for rock drums I will use everything in one instrument, or occasionally two. With a lot of plugins you can have one instrument but send outputs to separate channels, if you want to have a huge 80s reverb on the snare or a specific compressor on the kick or whatever.

Premier Resonator acoustic kit as Live Drum Rack. Samples (24bit wav) included for non-Live users ...

$5 US

http://www.thecontrolcentre.com/resonator.htm

lobanov wrote:http://analoguedrums.com/details-bm.php - It's free, there are others good drumkits, paid, but cheap.
Beat me to it!
And I didn't know this was still available. For a crisp, tight sound, it's excellent.
Don't remember the others (I've far too many already, especially after Black Friday :hihi:).

Eventually i used some kit that iv'e found in my samples folder....very small kit, something like 15 one shot files, but i think it served me pretty well on this one:
https://soundcloud.com/ferezx/ed-sheera ... -drum-edit

I will sure download some more kits since iv'e really enjoyed working on this piece and i want to get to work more with realistic drum programming.

Not bad, for example, I usually load the MT on FL Studio 9 and allow the multi out so after I can sculpt any single drum with various EQs, Comps, Reverbs etc etc, or routing them into a bus...

@DSmolken: LOL!!!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”