kontakt 5 automation!?!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey forum,

is there a way to automate kontakt instrument like other vsts??

...I would like to just hit "WRITE" in cubase, turn some knobs in the kontakt instrument with
my mouse - done..(then hit "READ" automation data in cubase..)
Is it true that I always have to assign any parameter that I want to change to my midi keyboard
or my host??

forw wrote:Is it true that I always have to assign any parameter that I want to change to my midi keyboard
or my host??
Yes, that is how host automation works in Kontakt. You HAVE to first assign a parameter (because there is a finite amount of parameters that a plugin can show to the host - so NI gave this decision to the user, for greater flexibility).

disappointing in a way..
thanks alot, evildragon!

Not really. Believe me it would be a helluva LOT more annoying if you had, say, 8 instruments loaded, and because of the number of automatable parameters in each instrument you would only be able to automate only first 2 instruments.

It's much better as it currently is.

good point!

Is it possible to script the host automation? I've been looking around on the KSP manual but haven't been able to find script to do that. It would be very usefull. Thanx in advance.

Meanwhile, I found this example. Is this it?
{set automation IDs and names}
set_control_par_arr($xyID, $CONTROL_PAR_AUTOMATION_ID, 0, 0)
set_control_par_arr($xyID, $CONTROL_PAR_AUTOMATION_ID, 1, 1)
set_control_par_arr($xyID, $CONTROL_PAR_AUTOMATION_ID, 2, 2)
set_control_par_arr($xyID, $CONTROL_PAR_AUTOMATION_ID, 3, 3)

Yes, that's it. For that command to work correctly, Kontakt version 5.6 or above is supposed to be used.

Great, thanks ED. That was lightning fast. I'm on 5.7, so it should all be good. I'm gonna get on it. =D

For those interested, it works like a charm. Shows right up in the Host Automation's list.
on init
declare ui_slider $slider (0,20)
set_control_par(get_ui_id($slider),$CONTROL_PAR_AUTOMATION_ID,0) {0 to 511, in this case, at #000}
set_control_par_str(get_ui_id($slider),$CONTROL_PAR_AUTOMATION_NAME,"Automated Slider")
end on

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”