Kontakt - Record internal scripting automations?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've a Library (from Kontakt Factory, Coral) which, when I move a knob on the main interface PV, change simultaneously 9 knobs inside the InsertGroupFX (in my case, the 9 knobs of an EQ 3 bands).

Is there a way to record to my DAW those 9 modulations?
Tried in FL to link CC to each parameter, enable Record automation, but moving the knob, DAW doesn't catch the movements.

Is there any way?

Did you try assigning that scripted knob to a host automation slot? Check the Auto>Host Automation tab in the left side browser.

In order for linking CC to each parameter to work, you first need to MIDI learn the control(s) you want to control via MIDI CC...

EvilDragon wrote:Did you try assigning that scripted knob to a host automation slot? Check the Auto>Host Automation tab in the left side browser.
Yes, is an Automation Clip inside my DAW that change the scripted knob.
And visually on Kontakt I see the 9 knob moving during the automation clip.

Here's a video example (Fruity X/Y Controller is linked to scripted SOUND KNOB inside Kontakt PW):
http://www.fastswf.com/DbnlBnM

But I need to record each movement of those 9 knobs.

How can I do it?

@EvilDragon: no way so? Kontakt won't publish those internal movement to DAW?
How can I catch for each knob the envelope?

I'm not sure how it is supposed to be done in FLS, perhaps somebody else can chime in. I know that in Reaper and Studio One it works just fine...

Did you check this out? http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHel ... mation.htm

EvilDragon wrote:I'm not sure how it is supposed to be done in FLS, perhaps somebody else can chime in. I know that in Reaper and Studio One it works just fine...
Can you record them and show to me the automations of each knob? Then I'll "redraw" in FL...
A screenshoot would be enough ;)

There's nothing really to it - I set the track automation mode to Write and while playback or record is happening just wiggle the knobs on the GUI, movements get recorded. Easy.

EvilDragon wrote:There's nothing really to it - I set the track automation mode to Write and while playback or record is happening just wiggle the knobs on the GUI, movements get recorded. Easy.
Do you mean movements of the 9 knobs right? Well, if they are recorded, each of them get an automation.

Can you show to me those automations?

p.s. I don't mean the movement of the SOUND (single) knob, that's easy to automate and record on my DAW.
I want the 9 distinct automations of EQ 3 band controls:

Freq 1
Freq 2
Freq 3
Bandw 1
Bandw 2
Bandw 3
Gain 1
Gain 2
Gain 3

Not sure I follow. Just assign each control to a different host automation slot, then?

EvilDragon wrote:Not sure I follow. Just assign each control to a different host automation slot, then?
Yes, but I want those automations linked to the SOUND map.

What I want is to record the walk of each knob when I move the SOUND knob.
Did you see the video I've posted? Moving gradually and linearly the SOUND knob, each knob of EQ react with a different "curve".

I need to replicate those curve in FL automation:
Immagine.png
Is it more clear now?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh I see it now. Hmmm. Seems that Kontakt doesn't publish automation values when an internal parameter has been changed by a scripted control. Nothing can be done about it, sorry.

EvilDragon wrote:Oh I see it now. Hmmm. Seems that Kontakt doesn't publish automation values when an internal parameter has been changed by a scripted control. Nothing can be done about it, sorry.
As I suspected.

But there is not way from the script to catch the "values" more or less? Just to see the curve of each parameter...

Nowhk wrote:But there is not way from the script to catch the "values" more or less?
If you find the place where the value is being set, you can add set_controller command, which will send a CC to outside world.

Zombie Queen wrote:
Nowhk wrote:But there is not way from the script to catch the "values" more or less?
If you find the place where the value is being set, you can add set_controller command, which will send a CC to outside world.
I've no idea how Kontakt script works :( Can you help me more further? Did you have the Coral factory library? :)

In first script tab "Drumkit" find

Code: Select all

on ui_control ($sound_voicing)
This is callback which handles "sound" knob. Below find the line

_set_engine_par(%engine_par[$a_eq],$helper_eq...
This is where eq is being automated. Below that line add new line:

set_controller(20+$a_eq,$helper_eq /7813)
It will mirror automation to CC20 and following eight controllers.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”