Blackbird Studio Drum Expansion Pack

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was shocked to NOT find a thread here. Im not the sharpest knife in the tree but i DID search it 3 or 4 times and didnt find anything, so i apologize if im just a screw-up and missing it..

Ummm the sale on these is about to end. I dont *think* you can demo the expansion paks (which is a bit of a downer and needs addressed IMO), so does anyone have an opinion on them? The Blackbird Studio Drum Expansion Pack from Slate?
There ya have it...

Nobody? Hoping for something unbiased. Asing at GS is just going to lead to a lot of Cheerleading IMO, so ive come to a place where i feel the critiques may be a bit more realistic....a bit :)
There ya have it...

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Image

You son of a bitch :) I was all excited, think i might have had a reply...and i scroll down to see you had posted a picture of yourself. :lol:
There ya have it...

In shock!!! :)

Hmmm. I was getting a bit more of a "what the hell are you thinking" or a "what are you doing!?!?" vibe....Maybe even "oh man, who just ripped one" ...but never "shock", although, now that ya mention it, maybe i DID drop the ball a little :)

Why dont you go buy Blackbird, use it for a couple of days ande report back :D
There ya have it...

Sure. Check back here in a couple of days. :)

I'll ask dad.

Please......dont everybody come running all at once..
There ya have it...

Audio demos sound meh, imo...

I thought they sounded a little better than that. Maybe just not your style. The CLA pak is an option. Not sure how it compares. Would love to hear from somebody with some hands on experience. Would really be cool if Steven Slate YELLOW MATTER ENTERTAINMENT LLC would acknowledge the importance of a demo for these products.
There ya have it...

From the demos, the bottom end on the kicks sound real good.

I bought it within a day or two of getting the email from Slate. I had used the drums from the Terry Date expansion on at least half a dozen tracks on my new album-in-progress and thought these would be good to shake things up a little. To me, these are quite good too but offer a different flavor. Some of the kicks are uber-punchy and definitely have impact...almost a little too much for me, as I had to tame the kick drum a little bit for the song I'm currently working on. It wasn't like this collection was a huge revelation that made the other SSD collections sound inferior by comparison or anything...more like yeah, these are good too in their own way.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

One of my first impressions was that the kicks were out of control but I found a slider that deals with that. I wish I could be more helpful but so far all I've done is cycle through the kits until I found one that I liked the snare. The kit sounds really good but the kick needed to be tamed (no problem there) and the cymbals were too tame. So far impression is good but I was also happy with the SSD kits I had (Bendeth, CLA and default). I bought after reading a lot of positive comments so it seems like a good buy at $99. I think you'll find at least a couple of kits that do something for you.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Hey fellas. Seeing your posts after my Blackbird purchase and id have to say that your assessments are real close. Appreciate it.
There ya have it...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”