Wanted : Genetic Junk Tuned Gong samples

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Many moons ago, KVR user Genetic Junk very generously made various sets of samples available for free (CC'ish license, ie redistribution with attribution allowed, derivatives allowed) via KVR.

Amongst those sets was a set of tuned gong samples, seemingly from gongs GJ made themselves. These were used in at least one Kontakt pack (by blaster78) and sme of them, I believe, were also on freesound, but the set linked here was the 'whole thing'.

It would appear Ive lost my copy, the original link is obsolete, and GJ's original files were lost. Is there anyone who might have them? Cheers.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

My plea: If anyone has the old gong files from me and is willing to share them, I would appreciate it.

As a side note, the gongs were in fact made be me and a partner as part of a final project for a class taught by Miller Puckett at UCSD called Musical Acoustics.

I've got a "gong" folder in my free stuff dusty disk corner, but there is no text file attached. Time stamp is 02-2007, there are three sub-folders: mallet_hits, metal_stick_hits and wood_stick_hits, could it be "the" gong? I'm sure I've got them from KVR post.

Genetic_Junk wrote:My plea: If anyone has the old gong files from me and is willing to share them, I would appreciate it.

As a side note, the gongs were in fact made be me and a partner as part of a final project for a class taught by Miller Puckett at UCSD called Musical Acoustics.
eep, I forgot to say that if i got them they would have been passed on to GJ as well.

Zombie Queen wrote:I've got a "gong" folder in my free stuff dusty disk corner, but there is no text file attached. Time stamp is 02-2007, there are three sub-folders: mallet_hits, metal_stick_hits and wood_stick_hits, could it be "the" gong? I'm sure I've got them from KVR post.
I don't think those are my samples. I believe they are from: http://sordidbusiness.com/wp/sample-thi ... g-returns/

Here's my original post on the matter:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... s#p3315393

Edit: I pmed a few users from the original thread asking if they could upload the gong files.

Cheers to woggle for passing these on to Genetic Junk! :tu:

(link in GJ's own thread, above)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”