UMLAUT AUDIO: Customize. Compose. Stand Out.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, KvRians!

I'd like to introduce you to my latest venture, Umlaut Audio. My position there is as CTO, taking care scripting of custom instruments is bug-free and impeccable. :) Without further ado, please visit our website and inform yourself about who we are and what we can do for you.

UMLAUT AUDIO HOMEPAGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa56SHHiod4

Thanks for your interest!

P.S.: This doesn't change the status of Hollow Sun one least bit!

:?

looks interesting for insiders but a bit complex in general ...if you allow me

...what could be interesting at my level would be the customization of a convolution reverb features, especially on harmonisation ( fine tune and coarse tune half-step by half step with or without time stretch algorithms) this because i'm (still) working on exotic impulse responses (deep spaces) focused on tones, scales and harmonies :

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/dangerous_ ... _sfz_12718

...and a convolution reverb with a flexibility focused on related purpose ( scale's transposition , time stretch of IRs, etc ..) might be useful on such a peculiar purpose (likely Reaktor or perhaps Kontakt or other engines, can't tell...)

Right, that sounds like a better job for Reaktor or Max, rather than Kontakt...

Wow, this is a very interesting concept. 8)

If I understand this correctly, this is a company for people who wish they had a Kontakt (or Mach 5?) library that does such and such. Maybe they have their own samples, or maybe they want Umlaut to do the sampling as well. Either way, they want Umlaut to create an instrument with interface and scripting to do whatever it is that they want.

Here's the really interesting part (assuming I understand this correctly): A custom library will obviously be fairly expensive. So if a composer wants a new custom library all to himself, he pays the price. But Umlaut also gives options if the person is willing to let Umlaut also sell that library, in which case, Umlaut will charge this person less.

So, for instance, Hans Zimmer wishes someone would make a Kontakt Instrument based on a Farfisa organ. He hires Umlaut not just to sample it, but also do some sound design stuff with the samples. Wacky filtering and bit crushing and whatnot.

He decides he wants these sounds all to himself, so he pays Umlaut a premium for this sample library. Or he decides to keep these sounds all to himself for a year, then Umlaut is allowed to sell this library (or possibly a derivative of this library) to the general public.

It's a brilliant idea. I hope you guys do well.

Best Wishes Mario.
rsp
sound sculptist

You're spot on, Mike!

And thanks, Richard :)

That looks great ED !

What are the rights and rates for personal use, free distribution or commercial use ?

I have been tempted for a long time....

You should get in touch with Umlaut directly, I'm not doing anything regarding pricing at all. :)

Forgive me saying so, but with all that assembled talent and the significant level of professionalism of the new company, I don't think the video does justice to your company. The writing and voice work doesn't seem at the level of skill that I know ED scripts at and I'm sure the rest of the company is at as well. Again forgive the presumption from an old radio guy.

Well, projects are already rolling in, so it seems people are digging what we're all about, regardless of the videos. :)

Also, it's not my company per se - I'm just a wheel there.

Well congratulations. I'm glad its going well. Not the first time I've ever been wrong, as you know.

Good luck!!

Congrads Mario! I wish you success on your new endeavor. :)

The first thing you have to do to get any valuable information about the company is to register with an e-mail address??? And when you click on "Listen", you're asked to send something from yourself to the company first??? :ud:

Well, in all the years I've spent on analyzing marketing practices, I've never come across anything like that. To put it very mildly, I think this kind of concept is very daring. Too daring for me, however.

Well, we do have several videos you can check out first, before even registering with us...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDAnpw ... zXQ/videos

You don't need to send us anything, but the questionnaire helps us in figuring out what your exact demands are. The more details you can provide us, the better we can estimate the workload and timetable.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”