Shortnoise 2 anyone?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I seen that this is currently on sale for an undisclosed period of time & I've had my eye on this for awhile, but during that time I have accumulated more than enough synths & sounds to make up for it. Not to mention Shortnoise 1 when it was made free.

If any one uses this library currently would you be able to tell me how it compares to Shortnoise 1 and your general opinion of it? 800 patches seem like a lot, but I really don't like using multis that much. My computer is an i7 with 3.4 ghz w/ 12 GBs of ram, so I'm able to handle things pretty good unless it's a super huge library, all being loaded into RAM (I'm pretty sure Shortnoise 2 doesn't do that since each patch probably contains a decent sample). At the current price of like $15 USD it's a steal, but it wouldn't be a centerpiece to the studio as of yet.

Also... in using Shortnoise 1, I'm nto really impressed with most of the sounds, however when used in multis (which I don't like) it becomes more favorable.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Hi Saukar30,

me again :D ,

I just got shortnoise 2 as a freebie with som vstbuzz deal (maybe underscore, I am not sure and not sure if it is free to anyone buying somethtin on vstbuzz) and was very happy cause shortnoise 1 as a freebie was really a big arsenal of sounds.

But to be honest: as you said about soundquality for shortnoise 1: it is hard to find a really special and "thats it" sound for me. Have deleted both versions more then one time from my harddrive cause of diskspace. And then installing again and searching again.....

I more and more come to looking for smaller and more special sounds (you know the demos we are talking about, only small pieces but evry sound IS special), another example I just lately used: Cryptar from Atom Hub, it is free but these 11 sounds are really unique and if you look for that kind of sound thats it.

Only my opinion without ever really going deeper into theses libraries, thats the disadvantage of 800 patches, you will never find the time to really listen and filter out the few really amazing ones (I am sure they will be there cause the prodyon stuff IS great).

I find it useful, especially the seq patches

Dennis has also taken care with the modulation possibilties, so patches can be tweaked in detail

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”