Addictive Drums 2 - ADpak questions

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, I've bought Addictive Drums 2 and am about to choose my ADpaks. Just two quick questions that I haven't been able to find addressed anywhere yet:

1. I really like the Fairfax Vol1 kit, but is it silly to choose this when I already have three of the kit pieces from the AD2 demo? I'm keen on the Fairfax Vol1 but not if it's just going to double up on the demo content. I see that it's by far the most popular though, so perhaps there isn't as much overlap as I'm thinking.

2. I have my eye on the Reel Machines ADpak but already have NI Battery 4. Is there a huge overlap here, meaning I wouldn't really be getting anything I don't have in the Battery library already? The rationale for Reel Machines is mainly so I can layer the electronic drums with the acoustic kits and keep it all inside the AD2 interface.

Thanks in advance.

Fairfax 1 sounds great and, personally, I don't consider the few kit pieces that much of an overlap.
As for Reel Machines, it really has an old school vibe with the kits (808,909 Linn and Simmons if you're into that sort of thing...and I most definitely am!) and doesn't compete with Battery in a direct sense.
Where I find Reel Machines to be useful is linking its synthetic sounds to the acoustic kits. It can give you some huge sounding drum tracks.
That, and I still love a Simmons tom roll!

Maybe go with fairfax 2 if you're worried about overlap - both fairfax kits are excellent

Reel machines - I've got it but don't use it much, if I want layering I'll tend t run up geist and mix it with the acoustic kits

Thanks for the info guys.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”