Neo-Soul Keys Studio - Sneak Peak....

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i'm so forward to this release, thanks GospelMusicians

Hopefully all this hype is on par with the Quality

Real Sonically wrote:i'm so forward to this release, thanks GospelMusicians

Hopefully all this hype is on par with the Quality
Thanks so much! We did our best! Worst case scenario you only paid $79.99 .

But this thing sounds amazing!
GospelMusicians.com - #1 Site for Gospel Musicians.

NeoSoulKeys.com - One of the Most Authentic, Realistic, and buttery EP

Thanks Jamal! It's instant buy for me. Can't wait to get my hands on this:)
One question. How many velocity layers there is in new rhodes models?

Bought NSK Studio today. I like new instruments but I have problem that all old sounds from 'EP Sound' menu doesn't fade but sound keep playing as long as I keep key pressed down. Anyone else have the same problem?

Andreas71 wrote:Bought NSK Studio today. I like new instruments but I have problem that all old sounds from 'EP Sound' menu doesn't fade but sound keep playing as long as I keep key pressed down. Anyone else have the same problem?
You are talking about continuous sustain on some sounds. For those sounds you adjust the Decay time.

Andreas71 wrote:Bought NSK Studio today. I like new instruments but I have problem that all old sounds from 'EP Sound' menu doesn't fade but sound keep playing as long as I keep key pressed down. Anyone else have the same problem?
Yes. You have to edit the envelope in the ADSR Edit window (the button in the left hand bottom corner (above FX Edit and Amp Sim). I guess someone forgot about this in the rush to hit today's launch. ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Okay, thanks. I noticed same thing just after my post to here. Anyway ADSR envelope behaves differently between old and new sounds. With old sounds even if Sustain is all the way down, sound is unnaturally long compared to new sounds.

Andreas71 wrote:Okay, thanks. I noticed same thing just after my post to here. Anyway ADSR envelope behaves differently between old and new sounds. With old sounds even if Sustain is all the way down, sound is unnaturally long compared to new sounds.
That's what the Envelope curves are for. Check out the user manual when you get a chance. The envelope curves go from linear to concave. The concave gives a very realistic response. The Keyboard allows for higher notes to decay faster.

Why endless looping EPs in the first place? Some people like the raw electric piano sound and some people (Which is a lot) prefer a more "rompler" type EP sound where the sound is uniform, even, and consistent. This is why we have these as well. The amount of work you have to do to, say a Mark I, to get each note to be consistent, across the range is a lot. So we used sampling and envelope shaping techniques to create those versions that just need to cut through a mix and sound good.

Here is an example of that EP sound you are referring to and how it cuts through the mix and the purpose of these type of sounds: https://soundcloud.com/gospelmusicians/ ... ea-goodman

Thanks for reply. I will check the manual :)

Andreas71 wrote:Thanks for reply. I will check the manual :)
Good questions though....It takes some tweaking between the curves and the Keyboard, but we can assure you that you'll get the sustain you need. Take a look at the Init 02 Extended Sustained. This is a pre-programmed version of a good sustain for those type samples.

Jamal, Great stuff you have there. Love it. Have to buy it.

One question. What kind of data format you use for the 21GB of samle content? Can I use it in some other sampler than your VST (guess not) or is it some encrypted format?

Thanks,

paulbreeze wrote:Jamal, Great stuff you have there. Love it. Have to buy it.

One question. What kind of data format you use for the 21GB of samle content? Can I use it in some other sampler than your VST (guess not) or is it some encrypted format?

Thanks,
Thanks so much man....

Yea the data is encrypted.

I was looking at your page and read ...
**Impotant Note: Our preset system requires an initial internet connection. After that you will have to re-authorize every 90-days. Our system also requires and active network adapter, even if not used.
How does that work? Thanks ...
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I've been really looking forward to this release!

But I am not getting any sound whatsoever when I try to use it.

I installed the program after first unpacking the samples.
Attached my keyboard to my MacBook Pro running the current MacOS. It fits the specs cited on the Neo-Soul Keys Studio page. The MIDI light blinks whenever I hit a key on the keyboard, but no sound coming to my laptop.

Help?

n/m
Last edited by Aloysius on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”